Best Used For:
Any beverage that you want to serve ice cold, including juice, iced tea, lemonade, sparkling fruit beverages, milk and homemade soft drinks.
- Dishwasher safe
- Tight fitting plastic lid
- Space-efficient design
- Glass construction
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sign-up in progress...
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Gift wrap is available for this item. Item #100743
Ships from Our Warehouse in 1-2 business days.
What I wanted seemed so simple: a glass juice
pitcher with a lid that closed tight enough for me
to swirl my orange juice around in the morning
to re-mix the settled pulp, and with some stylishness.
I must have looked at hundreds via the net. This is
the one I chose and I'm happy with it. The square
shape is very space-efficient in the fridge and
the lid seals pretty tight. It looks rather elegant
(though the plastic lid looks somewhat less so
than the glass body of the pitcher, which is quite
nice). I liked it enough that when I'd bought one and
decided I liked it, I went back and bought two more.
I purchased the 2.25 Quart Glass Pitcher by Bormioli Rocco mainly because I no longer wish to use plastic containers for both taste and possible health benefits. Occasionally, after a liquid is in a plastic container I can taste the plastic. If I can taste the plastic then I'm ingesting the plastic which can't be good.
1) Pitcher made out of glass, Not Plastic
2) Short in height
3) Very Stable (will not accidentally tip over)
3) Reasonable price
1) The handle is not well designed. The handle is made for smaller hands (I have medium size hands and the handle is not very comfortable.) The gap between the handle and the pitcher should be made larger. Also, the handle should be attached at the bottom in addition to the top for added strength.
2) The lid is not secure (does not fit tightly) and is made of plastic. However, the lid will rarely make contact with the liquid, especially if the lid is removed while pouring.
3) Glass is not tempered. Therefore do not fill with boiling hot water to make ice tea.
4) The design of the spout is adequate, but could be easily improved by having slightly larger spout.
My only reservation about this pitcher is the limited amount of space between the handle and the body of the pitcher. The picture is a little deceptive. My hands are not real big, but I can only put my fingers around the handle up to the second knuckle. This is awakard and will take some getting use to. It is compact, twisting the inner part of the top gives an airtight seal and I can get my hand inside the pitcher which makes for easy cleaning. Overall, a good buy.
4.5 out of 5 stars, based on 297 ratings
91% of reviewers recommend this product
91% say this is a "good value"
It is kind of small for the amount of tea my family drinks but I am buying a second one. The product is that good. I love this brand of glassware. I love that it is airtight. The pitcher handle is not as awkward as other reviewers have stated. It fits straight in my fridge door and is short enough to fit on the top shelf.