The paring knife gets its name from its main function—removing or “paring” away things like peels or pits from fruits and vegetables. It’s ideal for peeling, coring, trimming, decorating, and other detail work. Its small size gives you complete control over the tip and edge of the blade. Generally, you'll use this knife in your hand rather than against a cutting board, though paring knives can also be used for chopping small foods, such as garlic cloves or ginger.
Features and Benefits:
- VG10 is clad with one layer of stainless steel on each side to create the san mai edge and provide stain resistance
- Mirror-polished Japanese 420J blade upper
- 16 degree cutting angle each side, flat ground
- Traditional handle design in easy-care textured TPE/PP blend
- Exceptional handcrafted Shun quality, amazing price
- Hand wash & dry immediately