365 Ways to Cook: (Paperback) by Maxfield, Eleanor
365 Ways to Cook puts variety and convenience at the top of the menu. Everyday ingredients--which any home cook will have on hand --are organized into seven chapters that cover poultry; meat; fish and seafood; vegetables; pizza, pasta and noodles; rice, pulses and grains; and desserts. Each chapter is then subdivided into five food types, and each food type is featured in 10 tantalizing recipes from the following categories:
- Basic--no-fuss recipes using kitchen staples
- Give It a Twist--recipes with small changes that deliver big results
- Save Me Time--for busy cooks
- Save Me Money--economical and satisfying dishes
- Kids Will Love These--tastes and textures for young palates
- Leftover to Lunch--making the most of yesterday’s dinner
- But I Don’t Like...--recipes that use alternative ingredients
- Friends for Dinner--easy and elegant entertaining
- Watching My Weight--low-fat, low-calorie dishes that are high on taste
- Inspire Me--new ingredients, skills and flavors.
For example, the poultry chapter is divided into recipes for chicken thighs, chicken breasts, roast chicken, duck and turkey. Chicken thighs can then be turned into “Save Me Time” chicken vegetable skewers, “Friends for Dinner” coq au vin or “Kids Will Love These” chicken and mushroom lasagna. The illustrated table of contents makes it easy to select the perfect dish.
In all, there are more than 365 easy recipes for delicious and nutritious meals. 365 Ways to Cook will inspire cooks of all skill and experience levels. An innovative design, clear instructions and easy recipes ensure its future as a kitchen staple.