As more people get serious about cooking at home, they look to dress up old recipes. The easiest and most effective way of doing this is by using a sauce, salad dressing or marinade. The addition of one of these elements can turn a simple meal into a spectacular meal.
Grilled steak with a rich mushroom sauce. Pomegranate vinaigrette dressing on fresh greens. These are just two examples of the incredibly delicious yet easy-to-prepare recipes featured in this book, and many are accompanied by tips and techniques. Cooking school chef George Geary provides recipes such as:
- Salad dressings and salads--creamy two-cheese italian, Chinese chicken salad, tabouli
- Stock-based sauces and brown and white sauces -- poultry stock, champagne sauce, bechamel
- Pasta sauces--fast and easy marinara, wild mushroom sauce, slow-cooker garlic and onion tomato sauce
- Marinades and rubs--Caribbean jerk marinade, American BBQ sauce, curry rub
- Salsas, butters and spreads--watermelon salsa, gorgonzola scallion butter, smoked salmon cheese spread
- Dessert sauces--milk chocolate sauce, pecan-praline sauce, raspberry coulis, almond crunch fondue.