Combining the features of a chef's knife and a meat cleaver, the Calphalon Katana Series 7-in. Santoku Knife is an all-purpose knife that can handle a huge range of tasks, from carving squash to portioning fish. Like other knives in the Katana Series, the 7-inch Katana Series Santoku knife is crafted from VG-1 Japanese steel, providing outstanding strength and durability. Its custom-forged, Damascus-style blade is beautiful and practical, featuring 33 layers of steel that contribute exceptional sharpness and edge retention. This Calphalon Santoku knife features distinctive kullens, or indentations, along the blade that help reduce sticking and friction so that each cut is clean. The full tang and bolster provide a well-balanced feel, too. The 7-inch Santoku knife has a polyresin handle that resists chipping, cracking and peeling; the handle also has ergonomic contours that fit your hand to enhance maneuverability and control, assisting in proper technique.
- 7-inch Santoku knife features VG-1 Japanese steel for exceptional strength
- The unique 33 layers of Damascus-style cladding provide outstanding sharpness and edge retention
- Kullens help reduce sticking and friction for cleaner cuts
- Integrated bolster and full tang contribute to superior balance of the 7-inch Katana Series Santoku knife
- Ergonomically contoured polyresin handle fits hand comfortably and provides greater control
- Lifetime warranty