Save a fortune with over 1300 easy solutions to hundreds of common household problems.
Now you can outfox the high cost of living the old-fashioned five-and-dime way. Don't be tempted by all of those “new” products on the shelves; instead, rediscover the power of those time-honored, thrifty household items your grandparents and parents used. You'll save a bundle with over 1,300 of these clever hints and tips.
- A Frisbee can be used as a portable pet dish, paint palette, and paper plate holder.
- Hair spray is an inexpensive way to preserve flowers, remove pet hair from a couch, kill bugs, and stop static cling.
- Cedar chips will drive fleas from a pet bed, keep snails at bay in your garden, and repel moths from your wool sweaters.
- Furniture polish will spiff up hubcaps and bicycles, add shine to shower doors, and stop squeaky door hinges.
- Glass cleaner will make your jewelry sparkle, relieve bee sting pain, dry out pimples, and shine patent leather shoes.
- An ice cream scoop can be used to measure the perfect amount of potting soil, shape butter into fancy shapes for a holiday dinner, and form perfect meatballs and cookies.
- A pillowcase will dry lettuce in seconds, makes a cute summer dress for a child, covers a baby's changing pad, and functions as a travel laundry bag.
- Knitting needles make stylish hair accessories, can serve as kebab holders for a fun fruit snack, function in place of toothpicks to test a cake's doneness, and can be used to protect your garden from invading critters.