- Special Savings
Diced and pureed mango gives chicken and shrimp a tropical flavor jolt. But don’t be upset that the recipe only uses half a mango; that leaves some for tonight’s dessert or tomorrow’s breakfast (eat it plain or stir it into yogurt). Better yet, blend it into a margarita (virgin or not) to enjoy with your meal.
Make Ahead Tip: Prepare the dressing (Step 2), cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- 4 ounces of boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 small mango, diced (see Tip), divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark rum
- Several dashes of hot sauce, to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh spinach, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 ounces cooked, peeled shrimp (31-35 per pound)
- Tip: To dice a mango:
1. Slice both ends off the mango, revealing the long, slender seed inside. Set the fruit upright on a work surface and remove the skin with a sharp knife.
2. With the seed perpendicular to you, slice the fruit from both sides of the seed, yielding two large pieces.
3. Turn the seed parallel to you and slice the two smaller pieces of fruit from each side.
4. Cut the fruit into the desired shape.
Place chicken in a small skillet or saucepan and add enough water to cover; bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce to low and simmer gently until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, about 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and use two forks to shred into bite-size pieces. Chill in a medium bowl in the refrigerator while preparing the rest of the salad.
Place 2 tablespoons mango, lime zest and juice, oil, rum, hot sauce, mint, garlic and salt in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
Add spinach, shrimp and the remaining mango to the cooked chicken. Add the dressing and toss gently to combine.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
232 calories; 6g total fat; 1g total saturated fat; 152mg cholesterol; 518mg sodium; 13g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 29g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .