- Special Savings + Free Gift
This simple, fresh-tasting salad adds delicious variety to grilled foods, such as salmon, halibut, chicken or pork. Browning the corn in a skillet gives it a nutty, caramelized flavor that contrasts with the sweetness of the mango.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Serve at room temperature.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (from 3 ears)
- 1 large ripe mango (about 1 pound), peeled and diced
- One 15-ounce or 19-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (see Ingredient Note), drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ingredient Note: Chipotle peppers are smoked jalapenos with a fiery taste that are canned in adobo sauce. Look for them in the Hispanic section of large supermarkets and in specialty stores.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer the corn mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the mango, beans, onion, bell pepper, lime juice, chipotle, cilantro, cumin and salt.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
125 calories; 2g total fat; 0g total saturated fat; 0mg cholesterol; 245mg sodium; 26g carbohydrates; 4g fiber; 4g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .