All About Braising (Hardcover) by Stevens, Molly
Free Shipping Offer
Hardcover; Published 9/17/2004; 482 Pages; ISBN 9780393052305
Hurry, Only 8 In Stock! - Item #289267
Ships from Jessica's Biscuit in 1-2 business days. Gift wrap is available for this item. More info about Jessica's Biscuit
2005 James Beard Award Winner!--Single Subject
2005 IACP Award Winner--Single Subject Category!
The art of braising comes down to us from the earliest days of cooking, when ingredients were enclosed in a heavy pot and buried in the hot embers of a dying fire until tender and bathed in a deliciously concentrated sauce. Today, braising remains as popular and as uncomplicated as ever. Molly Stevens's All About Braising is a comprehensive guide to this versatile way of cooking written to instruct a cook at any level. Everything you need to know is here, including:
- a thorough explanation of the principles of good braising with helpful advice on the best cuts of meat, the right choice of fish and vegetables, and the right pot
- 125 reliable, easy-to-follow recipes for meat, poultry, seafood, and vegetables, ranging from quick-braised weeknight dishes to slow-cooked weekend braises
- planning tips to highlight the fact that braised foods taste just as good, if not even better, as leftovers
- a variety of enlightened wine suggestions for any size pocketbook with each recipe.
- 16 color photographs, 50 line drawings.
So far, so good.............
Just started reading this morning, and am impressd with the detailed commom sense approach to explain how and WHY you go through ther different steps in the "The principles of Braising". Looking forward to actually gt in the kitchen and getting to work!0 of 0 users found this helpful. Was it helpful to you? Yes | No Report Violation »