For the parents of the approximately seven million American children suffering from asthma, there’s nothing more terrifying than the gasping and wheezing that signal an attack. And virtually all children with asthma--as well as millions of others--suffer from allergies, which can also cause frightening, and even fatal, reactions. The new edition of American Lung Association Family Guide to Asthma and Allergies gives parents of these children the fully updated resource they’ve been looking for--a state-of-the-art guide to recognizing, understanding, and controlling these dangerous and frequently interrelated conditions. Readers will learn about:
- Identifying and avoiding asthma and allergy triggers
- Recognizing and responding to early warning signs
- Distinguishing between allergies, asthma, and the common cold
- Preparing babysitters and other caretakers for dealing with an allergy or asthma attack
- Getting the best care at the lowest cost
- And much more
The fully updated and revised edition offers the most thorough and up-to-date information available on the treatment and prevention of asthma and allergies.