For couples planning to have a baby, this updated edition of Amy Ogle and Lisa Mazzullo's classic guide to preconception advises parents on the steps they need to take in order to conceive a smart and healthy baby.
This invaluable pre-pregnancy resource discusses virtually every aspect of preconception that affects a healthy baby and shows you how to handle each one. The new material in this updated edition includes:
- the latest nutritional and vaccine recommendations
- new facts about fish oil, omega-3 fatty acids, and herbs
- the latest technology available for genetic testing and screening guidelines
- advice on how to detoxify your home and work environments
- The book also includes separate questionnaires for prospective parents to fill out in preparation for their preconception medical visit. Before Your Pregnancy is a warm, intelligent, and completely informed reference that gives aspiring parents exactly the knowledge and support they need to ensure the best for their child-to-be.