The Joyce Chen wok is flat-bottomed to provide better surface contact with the heat source. A small center surface area allows you to minimize the amount of oil used to stir fry. The cast-iron wok has deep slanted sides, giving you room to work when stir frying without ingredients spilling over the sides. Traditional Chinese woks usually have handles on each side. American woks typically have a single handle like a saucepan. The Joyce Chen wok combines the two styles to make it easy toss ingredients like a pro and carry around the kitchen.
Preseasoned for immediate use, the 14-inch cast-iron wok has even heat distribution with plenty of room to stir fry, for fast, even cooking and a satisfying sear.
- Cast-iron wok has even heat distribution
- Flat bottom enables use on gas and electric burners
- High bowl sides and 14-inch radius provides room to work and prevent spillage
- Two maple handles, including a longer saucepan-like handle
- Pre-seasoned and ready for use
- Wash with warm soapy water, dishwasher safe