From the restaurant the Globe and Mail called “the most original and exciting fish and seafood restaurant this country has ever seen” comes their much-anticipated cookbook.
Vancouver’s C Restaurant is world-renowned for its innovation, taking classic dishes to new and unexpected places--and owner Harry Kambolis and executive chef Robert Clark do much the same with the traditional cookbook. This takes a new approach: photographs were the main inspiration for the recipes, forcing Robert to experiment and just see where the photographs would lead him. The result is a book that captures the creative energy of the restaurant, a book that will inspire the same creativity in home cooks.
The photographs and recipes share equal billing, making the book equally at home on a coffee table or in the kitchen. Fish and seafood recipes are prominent, but C Food also features delicious meat, vegetable, and dessert dishes. Re-create a much-coveted table at C in your own home, and become a “composer on the plate” with recipes like:
- Bayne Sound Scallop with Coriander Grapefruit Jelly
- Seared Albacore Tuna with Watermelon Three Ways
- Steamed Alaskan King Crab Legs with Candied Orange Butter
- Braised Mushrooms with Dried Tofu, Green Onions, and Iron Buddha Black Bean Sauce
- Wine Lollipops
- Baked Lemon Torte with Apricot Pâtes de Fruit and a Pistachio Stick