Don't Miss Out!
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sign-up in progress...
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Get Your Career at Cooking.com
Based in Marina Del Rey, CA, we are a fast-paced, growing, and exciting ecommerce Company with an aggressive release cycle and several applications. We are currently looking to hire a full-time Account Manager. The Account Manager will be the first point of contact for our clients and will be responsible for managing all aspects of the client relationship to ensure the products and services meet our clients' expectations.
We provide a competitive compensation package that includes strong benefit options. Full-time employees are eligible for health coverage, 15 days of paid time off, 12 paid holidays, flexible spending program, 401(k) plan, and other special perks:
- Casual work environment
- Employee referral program
- Flexible work arrangements
- 35% employee discount on cooking.com (45% during November)
- Free pastries/donuts
- Monthly anniversary and birthday cake celebration
- And many fun social activities throughout the year, which support and enhance our culture!
The Account Manager is responsible for the management of the day to day needs of Cooking.com’s advertising clients and department. He/she communicates directly with such clients to assist with implementation of advertising campaigns. Further, Account Manager assists with ad serving of limited number of small campaign.
- Manages day to day needs of our advertising clients through direct communication with such clients
- Responsible for managing the process of post-sale implementation of ad campaign in conjunction with Ad Operations Manager. Has a limited ad serving responsibility (see below)
- This includes, but may not be limited to: self-introduction to clients, requesting of all applicable campaign assets, monitoring the implementation timeline, responding to client questions
- Along with Ad Operations Manager, monitors the progress of campaigns and communicates with clients about any adjustments on an as-needed basis
- Responds to client needs in a timely and positive manner
- Maintains excellent records of campaign elements, such as screenshots of ads, newsletters, site takeovers, package inserts etc. and organizes them in a thoughtful manner
- Account Manager will take on a limited responsibility to serve online advertising. The limits will apply to 2-3 small size/short-term campaigns.
- Provides back up to the Ad Serving Manager in his/her absence
- Provides support to the Advertising team with reports, advertising sales materials, internal requests
- Supports Director of Sales with pre-sale tasks, such as presentations, appointments, gifts & gift cards, business travel preparation, as needed
Business Knowledge, Skills, and Desired Attributes
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work with different types of clients
- MS Office proficiency, in particular PowerPoint and Excel
- Some experience with online ad serving
- Eager to learn and ambitious
- Demonstrates professional manners
- Ability to foster positive working relationships with clients
Scope of Job
- Makes day-to-day decisions to prioritize tasks & projects, (e.g., such as what account to respond to first), and plans accordingly
- Assists in fielding inter-departmental requests
- Participates in cross-functional teams as needed
- Assists in pre-and post- sales for the Director Of Sales
- College degree
- MS Office proficiency, in particular PowerPoint and Excel
- 1-2 years of experience
- Demonstrates desired skills and attributes
Nice to Haves
- Ideal experience in an account management environment or agency environment
- Some experience with online ad serving or Dart
Job Specific Competencies
Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, instills urgency in others and meets deadlines.
Organized by nature, seeks to develop systems & processes to manage and archive vast amounts of communication and files. Keeps the team organized!
Handles and performs well under pressure, adapts to change, is open to new ideas and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
Takes leadership on finding solutions, works independently to seek and evaluate options and implements recommendations.
Local candidate only – no relocation fees will be paid.
Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
This is a full time position on-site in Marina Del Rey.
To apply, email resume to:
email@example.com with ACCOUNT MANAGER in the subject line
Cooking.com is transforming online shopping in the food and cooking space by going to customers and building innovative entertaining shopping experiences with trusted brands. Cooking.com currently operates several uniquely branded websites including: Food Network Store, Epicurious Shop, Rachael Ray Store, Paula Deen Store, Calphalon Store, Betty Crocker Store, Pillsbury Store and more.
We offer our customers access to over 60,000 products for the kitchen as well as recipes, menus, collections and a growing library of member-submitted cooking content. The Company is committed to providing its customers with an exceptional experience and it is the recipient of numerous awards for customer satisfaction.
Cooking.com was founded in 1998 by a team that worked together at the Walt Disney Corporation and shared a passion for creating a great company! How did we pick Cooking? The credit goes to one of our initial investors, Idealab! They teamed us up with a cookbook publisher and we had the perfect blend of cooking and retail knowledge to launch the best cooking web site.
KEYWORDS: Marina Del Rey, Los Angeles, jobs, career , ecommerce, e-commerce, e-tailer, etailer, websites, online, B2C, internet, interactive, marketplace, internet marketplace, food, cooking, cookware, kitchenware, recipes, menus, articles, library, selection, sales, entertainment, décor, forum, cooks, account management, strategic relationship, client management, Account Manager