Don't Miss Out!
Sign up and get the latest straight to your inbox:
- New products
- Exclusive deals
- Free shipping offers
Sorry, Please Enter a Correct E-mail Address
Thanks! Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!
Get Your Career at Cooking.com
Based in Marina Del Rey, CA, we are a fast-paced, growing, and exciting ecommerce Company. We are currently looking to hire a full-time Associate Buyer to join our team.
We provide a competitive compensation package that includes strong benefit options. Full-time employees are eligible for health coverage, 15 days of paid time off, 12 paid holidays, flexible spending program, 401(k) plan, and other special perks:
- Casual work environment
- Employee referral program
- Flexible work arrangements
- 35% employee discount on cooking.com (45% during November)
- Free pastries/donuts
- Monthly anniversary and birthday cake celebration
- And many fun social activities throughout the year, which support and enhance our culture!
The Associate Buyer will report to a category Buyer within the Merchandising Department and will interact with clients and develop site specific assortments based on business analyses. Associate Buyer will also work directly with manufacturers and sales representatives to identify items to market, which will ensure financial success (sales, gross margin and inventory turn). The incumbent must be business oriented and possess strong analytical skills. In addition, the Associate Buyer should possess the ability to work under pressure, handle multiple responsibilities and adapt to frequent shifts in priorities.
- Increase site sales by analyzing product trends and historical data, including sales, margin and inventory utilization.
- Select productive merchandise assortments that fit client/store needs and search requests
- Create promotions and theme ideas based on client initiatives and interests for use in online search, email campaigns, and print catalogs.
- Generate weekly and monthly sales updates.
- Achieve quarterly financial targets (sales and margin).
- Other duties as assigned.
Internal and External Client Management
- Work with Buyers to drive increased store sales through assortment and promotion and regularly monitor site specific assortment productivity.
- Work with Buyer to participate in developing newsletter and catalog assortments and content.
- Interact with clients/stores on a regular basis to understand business initiatives and goals
- Collaborate with inventory management, production and marketing teams to manage site merchandising (promotions, special collections, department landing pages, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Strong sales initiative
- Strong analysis and financial skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently in a fast pace, rapid change ecommerce environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Catalog buying experience, marketing experience, client management and discounting experience a plus.
Local candidate only – no relocation fees will be paid.
Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
This is a full time position on-site in Marina Del Rey.
To apply, email resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with Associate IT Project Manager in the subject line
Cooking.com is transforming online shopping in the food and cooking space by going to customers and building innovative entertaining shopping experiences with trusted brands. Cooking.com currently operates several uniquely branded websites including: Food Network Store, Epicurious Shop, Rachael Ray Store, Paula Deen Store, Calphalon Store, Betty Crocker Store, Pillsbury Store and more.
We offer our customers access to over 60,000 products for the kitchen as well as recipes, menus, collections and a growing library of member-submitted cooking content. The Company is committed to providing its customers with an exceptional experience and it is the recipient of numerous awards for customer satisfaction.
Cooking.com was founded in 1998 by a team that worked together at the Walt Disney Corporation and shared a passion for creating a great company! How did we pick Cooking? The credit goes to one of our initial investors, Idealab! They teamed us up with a cookbook publisher and we had the perfect blend of cooking and retail knowledge to launch the best cooking web site.
KEYWORDS: Marina Del Rey, Los Angeles, jobs, career , ecommerce, e-commerce, e-tailer, etailer, websites, online, B2C, internet, interactive, marketplace, internet marketplace, food, cooking, cookware, kitchenware, recipes, menus, articles, library, selection, sales, entertainment, décor, forum, cooks, account management, strategic relationship, client management, project manager