Don't Miss Out!
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sign-up in progress...
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Get Your Career at Cooking.com
Based in El Segundo, CA, we are a fast-paced, growing, and exciting ecommerce Company. We are currently looking to hire a full-time Associate Buyer to join our team.
We provide a competitive compensation package that includes strong benefit options. Full-time employees are eligible for health coverage, 2 weeks of paid time off, 6 paid holidays, flexible spending program, 401(k) plan, and other special perks:
- Casual work environment
- Employee referral program
- Flexible work arrangements
- 35% employee discount on cooking.com (45% during November)
- Free pastries/donuts
- Monthly anniversary and birthday cake celebration
- And many fun social activities throughout the year, which support and enhance our culture!
The Associate Buyer will report to a Senior Buyer within the Merchandising Department
and will interact with clients and develop site specific assortments based on business
analyses. Associate Buyer will also work directly with manufacturers and sales representatives
to identify items to market, which will ensure financial success (sales, gross margin
and inventory turn). The incumbent must be business oriented and possess strong
analytical skills. In addition, the Associate Buyer should possess the ability to
work under pressure, handle multiple responsibilities and adapt to frequent shifts
The incumbent must be business oriented, possess strong analytical skills, and have a high attention to detail. In addition, the Associate Buyer should possess the ability to work under pressure, handle multiple responsibilities and adapt to frequent shifts in priorities.
Buying and Merchandising Development
- Ensure the financial success of the assigned area(s) by meeting or exceeding financial targets including sales, GM, COGS, and turn goals under the direction of the manager.
- Select and procure all assets needed to build productive merchandise assortments that fit customer needs and search requests.
- Increase sales by analyzing product trends and historical data, including sales, margin and inventory utilization.
- Collaborate with Planning, Production, Marketing, and Brand Management to manage assortment and inventory levels.
- Establish/maintain vendor relationships and negotiate vendor terms and pricing.
- Attend discussions on evaluating and adjusting future product.
- Learn to evaluate product execution and develop point-of-view.
- Provide input and make recommendations to manager on changes to future product assortments and strategies based on in-season analysis and post-mortem observations.
- Provide input in discussions that review sales and inventory against financial goals and recommend changes to future order quantities, deliveries, pricing or markdown strategies.
- Develop expert knowledge of customer bases by partnering with Brand and Account Management.
- Participate in competitive analysis of both direct and indirect competitors by shopping their stores. Learn to evaluate product assortments, quality, pricing, merchandising strategies and business opportunities. Document as necessary.
- Provide training and feedback as needed to peers and Assistant Buyers through on the job training, behavioral feedback and modeling, coaching and identifying opportunities for formal training.
- Work efficiently as a member of a cross-functional department team by focusing on team objectives and clear communication.
Buying Team Support
- Collaborate with Buyer to drive increased store sales & profitability through assortment and promotion maintenance
- Partner with Buyer to participate in developing newsletter assortments and content
- Interact with clients/stores/product development as a team liaison, as necessary
- Liaise between Product Content and vendors to ensure new item setups are complete and accurate
- Compile data and support as needed to aid in developing buying strategies and financial targets
- Generate weekly and monthly sales updates for office and department team
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 1-2 years Assistant Buyer experience
- Ecommerce or Omni channel retail merchandising a plus
- Strong sales initiative
- Strong analysis and financial skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently in a fast pace, rapid change ecommerce environment
- Advanced Excel skills
Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
Sense of Urgency
Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, instills urgency in others, and meets deadlines
Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills. Builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
Local candidate only – no relocation fees will be paid.
Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
This is a full time position on-site in El Segundo.
To apply, email resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with Associate Buyer in the subject line
Cooking.com is transforming online shopping in the food and cooking space by going to customers and building innovative entertaining shopping experiences with trusted brands. Cooking.com currently operates several uniquely branded websites including:Calphalon Store, Rachael Ray Store, Paula Deen Store, Betty Crocker Store, Pillsbury Store, FreshPreserving store, Emeril Store, ButterBell Store, and Dunkin' Donuts Shop.
We offer our customers access to over 60,000 products for the kitchen as well as recipes, menus, collections and a growing library of member-submitted cooking content. The Company is committed to providing its customers with an exceptional experience and it is the recipient of numerous awards for customer satisfaction.
Cooking.com was founded in 1998 by a team that worked together at the Walt Disney Corporation and shared a passion for creating a great company! How did we pick Cooking? The credit goes to one of our initial investors, Idealab! They teamed us up with a cookbook publisher and we had the perfect blend of cooking and retail knowledge to launch the best cooking web site.
KEYWORDS: El Segundo, Los Angeles, jobs, career , ecommerce, e-commerce, e-tailer, etailer, websites, online, B2C, internet, interactive, marketplace, internet marketplace, food, cooking, cookware, kitchenware, recipes, menus, articles, library, selection, sales, entertainment, décor, forum, cooks, account management, strategic relationship, client management, project manager