Don't Miss Out!
Sign up and get the latest straight to your inbox:
- New products
- Exclusive deals
- Free shipping offers
Sorry, Please Enter a Correct E-mail Address
Thanks! Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!
Want to manage which types of newsletters you receive from us? Click Here
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails. Click here to modify your email preferences.
Get Your Career at Cooking.com
Associate Product Manager
Based in El Segundo, CA, we are a fast-paced, growing, and exciting ecommerce Company. We are currently looking to hire a full-time Associate Product Manager to join our team.
We provide a competitive compensation package that includes strong benefit options. Full-time employees are eligible for health coverage, 2 weeks of paid time off, 6 paid holidays, flexible spending program, 401(k) plan, and other special perks:
- Casual work environment
- Employee referral program
- Flexible work arrangements
- 35% employee discount on cooking.com (45% during November)
- Free pastries/donuts
- Monthly anniversary and birthday cake celebration
- And many fun social activities throughout the year, which support and enhance our culture!
The Associate Product Manager will be a key member of the product management team and will work across Cooking.com's many culinary shopping properties, including FoodNetworkStore.com, Store.Calphalon.com, MarleyCoffee.com and more. Reporting to the VP of Product and User Experience, responsibilities will include creative concept and program brainstorming and roadmapping, creating wireframes and Agile "user story" specifications, working closely with graphic designers and coders during development scrums and product launches, setting project success metrics and participating in site testing and optimization. This individual must be an end-user advocate, an extremely logical and methodical thinker, a complex problem solver, and an expert at visually and verbally documenting and communicating complex and technical interfaces and features.
Development and Maintenance
- For assigned projects, participate in discovery, identifying business objectives as well as end-user and production needs and desires.
- Create IA / UX solutions and documentation, especially wireframes and functional prototypes, for assigned projects.
- Write crisp, clear functional specifications, defining to the last detail all business rules, user experiences and interface elements.
- Work closely with interface graphic designers as they translate wireframes and requirements into visual designs.
- Work closely with technology developers and participate in daily development Scrums.
- Review developed product for proper functionality and accept finished work (or define defects) during weekly product demonstrations/release meetings.
- Recommend product experience improvements and enhancements based on ongoing customer research & feedback, site usage & performance, and competitive analysis.
- Seek out, assess and recommend outside software and service provider solutions.
- Analyze site use data (paths, visit stats, etc.) and review market research to identify and advocate for upgrades to existing UX/functionality as well as new products/functionality.
- Manage proposal and evaluation process for assigned projects, including creating written overviews used by tech and finance to create ROI and work estimates.
- Conduct usability and A/B tests and/or develop optimization and usability testing processes within company.
- Special projects as assigned.
- At least 1 year experience developing detailed wireframes, schematics, site maps and other IA/UX documentation required
- Strong data and heuristic analysis, logical thinking and visual and verbal communication skills required
- Hands-on experience developing and launching innovative e-commerce, social or information/entertainment products required
- Hands-on experience developing content and data management systems preferred
- Experience writing detailed functional specifications, user stories, technical business rules, etc. preferred.
- Experience with data-intensive or database-driven sites preferred
- Usability testing experience preferred
- Editorial or writing experience preferred
- Love of and experience with cooking or cookware preferred
- Authorization to work in the United States for any employer
- Axure, Visio, InDesign or other wireframing/prototyping software
- HTML/CSS understanding
- Decent Photoshop skills
- Omniture and/or other stat & research tools
- Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- AJAX interface experience a plus
- SEO expertise a plus
- Agile development experience a plus
- Sharepoint or Rally a plus
- Wordpress experience a plus
- Content Management Systems a plus
Local candidate only – no relocation fees will be paid.
Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
This is a full time position on-site in El Segundo.
To apply, email resume to:
email@example.com with Associate IT Project Manager in the subject line
Cooking.com is transforming online shopping in the food and cooking space by going to customers and building innovative entertaining shopping experiences with trusted brands. Cooking.com currently operates several uniquely branded websites including: Calphalon Store, Rachael Ray Store, Paula Deen Store, Betty Crocker Store, Pillsbury Store, FreshPreserving store, Emeril Store, ButterBell Store, and Dunkin' Donuts Shop.
We offer our customers access to over 60,000 products for the kitchen as well as recipes, menus, collections and a growing library of member-submitted cooking content. The Company is committed to providing its customers with an exceptional experience and it is the recipient of numerous awards for customer satisfaction.
Cooking.com was founded in 1998 by a team that worked together at the Walt Disney Corporation and shared a passion for creating a great company! How did we pick Cooking? The credit goes to one of our initial investors, Idealab! They teamed us up with a cookbook publisher and we had the perfect blend of cooking and retail knowledge to launch the best cooking web site.
KEYWORDS: El Segundo, Los Angeles, jobs, career , ecommerce, e-commerce, e-tailer, etailer, websites, online, B2C, internet, interactive, marketplace, internet marketplace, food, cooking, cookware, kitchenware, recipes, menus, articles, library, selection, sales, entertainment, décor, forum, cooks, account management, strategic relationship, client management, project manager