Don't Miss Out!
Sign up and get the latest straight to your inbox:
- New products
- Exclusive deals
- Free shipping offers
Sorry, Please Enter a Correct E-mail Address
Thanks! Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!
Want to manage which types of newsletters you receive from us? Click Here
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails. Click here to modify your email preferences.
Get Your Career at Cooking.com
Based in Marina Del Rey, CA, we are a fast-paced, growing, and exciting ecommerce Company. We are currently looking to hire a Brand Manager to join our team.
We provide a competitive compensation package that includes strong benefit options. Full-time employees are eligible for health coverage, 2 weeks of paid time off, 6 paid holidays, flexible spending program, 401(k) plan, and other special perks:
- Casual work environment
- Employee referral program
- Flexible work arrangements
- 35% employee discount on cooking.com (45% during November)
- Free pastries/donuts
- Monthly anniversary and birthday cake celebration
- And many fun social activities throughout the year, which support and enhance our culture!
The Brand Manager will be an integral member of the merchandise team. The incumbent will support the Director of Brand Management. He/She will also work with Marketing Department to create Marketing Plans, Production and Design Teams to create custom collateral for Sites and Specific Categories.
- Support Director of Brand Management in the day to day management of Cooking and Powered By Sites as assigned
- Clear understanding of shopper by site and insights for segment, brand and category and clearly articulates site and brand objectives and strategies to maximize the contributions of internal and external partners
- Responsible for maintaining branded look and feel for sites and newsletters, including Point of View and Brand Voice
- Manage Brand (Site) performance against annual volume, share, and/or profit goals and develop action plans to ensure attainment of goals
- Assist in the development of the sites annual budgets and proactively identify and recommend actions to achieve annual goals
- Develop and thoroughly execute Site promotions
- Participation in development of new sourced and licensed product, packaging, pricing, and advertising strategies
- Identification of incremental business opportunities by evaluating new prospects and key categories for development
- Assess market potential and develop concepts based on consumer insights
- Conduct special analyses as necessary to support business initiatives
- Manages research projects through design, execution, and analysis phases
- Analyzes and interprets research results, summarizes findings, and makes recommendations for business decisions
- Monthly/Weekly Analysis, including Category Sales by site, competitor review, trends/opportunities to use as basis for new product suggestions, pricing analysis
- Ad hoc reporting as necessary
- Provide accurate, well-organized data on or before deadlines
- Works with Marketing Department to create Marketing Plans based on understanding customer, channel and/or market trends
- Assist with Newsletter Programs as appropriate
- Work closely with Production and Design Teams to create custom collateral for Sites and Specific Categories
- Participates on Account Team to incorporate and apply consumer learnings/understanding into business decisions and strategies
- Work in tandem with Account Management on Sweepstakes partnering and fulfillment
- Track and analyze key competitors that may affect products and marketing strategies and share market intelligence with Merchandising department
- Prepares and gives presentations to Merchandising, Account Management & Marketing on consumer understanding, brand equity, consumer or marketplace trends, as well as Quarterly Site Post-Mortems
- Work in tandem with Merchants to determine the optimum assortments by site to enhance customer experience and drive revenue
- Assist with reporting and presentations for Partner Site Visits
- Collaborate with PR Firm as appropriate
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from 4 year college or university is required
- Minimum of 1 year of related marketing or business experience is highly preferred
- Housewares industry or packaged foods experience is a plus
- A strong focus on digital customer experience
- Must be willing to take a project and run with it at any stage
- Strong professional outlook and interpersonal skills to interface with all support teams in order to actualize marketing programs, such as Merchandising, Account Management, Finance, Customer Service, Newsletter, Production and Design
- Candidate must possess a strong drive for results including strong leadership, decision making and analytical skills, effective communication skills, ability to think strategically, self-motivation, and a passion for the consumer and marketing/merchandising
- Position requires organized team player who communicates effectively, handles multiple tasks and meets deadlines. Must be innovative and creative with strong analytical and reporting skills, ability to think strategically, solid organization skills and strong attention to detail.
- Keen analytical mind and proactive thinker who takes initiative to conceptualize and follow through on innovative brand building ideas
- Strong in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Local candidate only – no relocation fees will be paid.
Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
This is a position on-site in Marina Del Rey.
Please NO Recruitment Agencies
To apply, email resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with "BRAND MANAGER" in the subject line
Cooking.com is transforming online shopping in the food and cooking space by going to customers and building innovative entertaining shopping experiences with trusted brands. Cooking.com currently operates several uniquely branded websites including: Food Network Store, Epicurious Shop, Rachael Ray Store, Paula Deen Store, Calphalon Store, Betty Crocker Store, Pillsbury Store and more.
We offer our customers access to over 60,000 products for the kitchen as well as recipes, menus, collections and a growing library of member-submitted cooking content. The Company is committed to providing its customers with an exceptional experience and it is the recipient of numerous awards for customer satisfaction.
Cooking.com was founded in 1998 by a team that worked together at the Walt Disney Corporation and shared a passion for creating a great company! How did we pick Cooking? The credit goes to one of our initial investors, Idealab! They teamed us up with a cookbook publisher and we had the perfect blend of cooking and retail knowledge to launch the best cooking web site.