Don't Miss Out!
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sign-up in progress...
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Get Your Career at Cooking.com
P/T Customer Service Representative II
We provide a competitive compensation package that includes strong benefit options. Full-time employees are eligible for health coverage, 2 weeks of paid time off, 6 paid holidays, flexible spending program, 401(k) plan, and other special perks:
- Casual work environment
- Employee referral program
- Flexible work arrangements
- 35% employee discount on cooking.com (45% during November)
- Free pastries/donuts
- Monthly anniversary and birthday cake celebration
- And many fun social activities throughout the year, which support and enhance our culture!
Customer Service Representative II (CSRII) are responsible for responding to Cooking.com and its partners’ customers via inbound calls, activities (email) in an accurate, professional, courteous and friendly manner.
- Respond to Cooking.com and its partners’ customers via inbound calls, activities (email) in an accurate, professional, courteous and friendly manner.
- May be assigned additional projects that require specific expertise above and beyond phone/email response. Projects may include customer research/follow up, operational process review, other assignments from cs_mgt and cs_support.
- Maintain an acceptable quantity of work as defined by Customer Service Management.
- Maintain an acceptable quality of work. Quality of work includes but is not limited to documenting all relevant information into Cooking.com’s CRM or email management system and responding to customer inquires with in a timely, professional and accurate manner.
- Maintain an acceptable level of punctuality and attendance as set forth in the Online Procedure Manual
- Responsible for their ongoing knowledge of Cooking.com and its partners’ products, policies and procedures. (i.e. Regularly attending departmental meetings and reviewing all communications sent to Customer Service).
- Demonstrate positive and professional behaviors to drive Customer and employee satisfaction.
- Report any CSR issues or departmental concerns to the Customer Service Supervisor or Manager.
Business Knowledge, Skills, and Desired Attributes
- At least one year experience within a Contact Center, ecommerce or high volume Customer Service operations environment
- Microsoft Office including strong skills in Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Various web browsers e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously
- Adapts well to regularly changing priorities and work assignments
- Handles many interruptions well
- Able to handle pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
- Able to cover varied shifts, weekend and holidays
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing
- Has good listening skills
- Contributes to and fosters professional work environment
- High School or equivalent required
- Authorization to work in the United States for any employer
Nice to Haves
- Likes food and/or cooking
- Likes helping people
Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Learning/Self Development
Seeks out and accepts feedback, is a proactive learner, takes on tough assignments to improve skills, keeps knowledge and skills up-to-date, turns mistakes into learning opportunities.
Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
Local candidate only – no relocation fees will be paid.
Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
This is a part time position on-site in El Segundo.
To apply, email resume to:
email@example.com with P/T CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II in the subject line
Cooking.com is transforming online shopping in the food and cooking space by going to customers and building innovative entertaining shopping experiences with trusted brands. Cooking.com currently operates several uniquely branded websites including: Calphalon Store, Rachael Ray Store, Paula Deen Store, Betty Crocker Store, Pillsbury Store, FreshPreserving store, Emeril Store, ButterBell Store, and Dunkin' Donuts Shop.
We offer our customers access to over 60,000 products for the kitchen as well as recipes, menus, collections and a growing library of member-submitted cooking content. The Company is committed to providing its customers with an exceptional experience and it is the recipient of numerous awards for customer satisfaction.
Cooking.com was founded in 1998 by a team that worked together at the Walt Disney Corporation and shared a passion for creating a great company! How did we pick Cooking? The credit goes to one of our initial investors, Idealab! They teamed us up with a cookbook publisher and we had the perfect blend of cooking and retail knowledge to launch the best cooking web site.
KEYWORDS: El Segundo, Los Angeles, jobs, career , ecommerce, e-commerce, e-tailer, etailer, websites, online, B2C, internet, interactive, marketplace, internet marketplace, food, cooking, cookware, kitchenware, recipes, menus, articles, library, selection, sales, entertainment, décor, forum, cooks, account management, strategic relationship, client management, Account Manager