Don't Miss Out!
Sign up and get the latest straight to your inbox:
- New products
- Exclusive deals
- Free shipping offers
Sorry, Please Enter a Correct E-mail Address
Thanks! Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!
Want to manage which types of newsletters you receive from us? Click Here
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails. Click here to modify your email preferences.
Get Your Career at Cooking.com
Editorial Producer Contractor
Based in Marina Del Rey, CA, we are a fast-paced, growing, and exciting ecommerce Company. We are currently looking to hire a part-time Editorial Producer Contractor to join our team.
- Casual work environment
- Employee referral program
- Flexible work arrangements
- 35% employee discount on cooking.com (45% during November)
- Free pastries/donuts
- Monthly anniversary and birthday cake celebration
- And many fun social activities throughout the year, which support and enhance our culture!
We are looking for a creative, food-loving content manager with a strong editorial background, email marketing and who is well-versed in social media platforms. The role will require strong copyediting skills, attention to detail and a solid knowledge base in cooking and recipes. The ideal candidate will also have experience in marketing and a sense for brand voice and audience engagement. This candidate should also have management experience in the digital space and be comfortable and resourceful in working with remote, cross-functional teammates to get the job done.
Development and Maintenance:
- Assist with all aspects of new recipe site launch, including tagging and categorizing hundreds of recipes, copy-editing new content and cleaning up existing data, helping set editorial promotions calendar, and working with freelancers as needed to produce new content.
- Maintain content on site after launch, including weekly page updates and new recipe collections.
- Help build marketing programs in email and social media, implementing strategy for the new recipe site. Working with the social media team to coordinate promotions. Help launch new email marketing program to engage audience and drive traffic to the site.
- Support Advertising teams, coordinating with Design and Email Marketing teams to ensure timely and accurate feature launches. Help implement process where needed.
- Creative and strategic brainstorming with the team
- Help develop and implement social media strategy
- Special projects as assigned
Business Knowledge, Skills, and Desired Attributes:
- Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, basic Photoshop
- Internet- Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Google+
Scope of Job:
The Editorial Producer will help build and maintain an exciting new recipe website
for a major brand. The Producer will use his or her knowledge and interest in recipes
to play a key role in ensuring content is on-brand, properly organized and easily
searchable. He or she will help develop and implement the marketing strategy, identifying
best vehicles for reaching the site’s targeted audience.
The position will involve everything from maintaining and creating week-to-week content to editing and uploading recipe content, to helping develop and support marketing campaigns for the site. The producer may need to manage other contract or freelance staff in the building and maintaining of content, as well as work at times with cross-functional teammates that are located out of state. He or she will support Advertising teams in building new features for campaigns and helping achieve traffic goals associated. The producer will also assist with social networking efforts and driving business goals through our social platforms. This position is a 40-hour/week contract position, with a possibility of becoming full-time in the future.
- 6+ years of web content management and writing, with a firm understanding of content process and governance
- Experience using content in digital marketing contexts, including email and social
- Must have excellent food and cooking knowledge
- Recipe testing and photography experience, formal or informal, is preferred
- Basic Photoshop and photo editing skills
- Highly organized and detail orientated
Nice to Haves:
- Degree in Journalism, English, or Communications
- Culinary education or experience
Local candidate only – no relocation fees will be paid.
Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
This is a part time contractor position on-site in Marina Del Rey.
To apply, email resume to:
email@example.com with Editorial Producer in the subject line
Cooking.com is transforming online shopping in the food and cooking space by going to customers and building innovative entertaining shopping experiences with trusted brands. Cooking.com currently operates several uniquely branded websites including: Epicurious Shop, Rachael Ray Store, Paula Deen Store, Calphalon Store, Betty Crocker Store, Pillsbury Store and more.
We offer our customers access to over 60,000 products for the kitchen as well as recipes, menus, collections and a growing library of member-submitted cooking content. The Company is committed to providing its customers with an exceptional experience and it is the recipient of numerous awards for customer satisfaction.
Cooking.com was founded in 1998 by a team that worked together at the Walt Disney Corporation and shared a passion for creating a great company! How did we pick Cooking? The credit goes to one of our initial investors, Idealab! They teamed us up with a cookbook publisher and we had the perfect blend of cooking and retail knowledge to launch the best cooking web site.