Don't Miss Out!
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sign-up in progress...
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Get Your Career at Cooking.com
Email Web Designer – Freelance Contractor
The Associate Web Designer’s duty will be to enhance the users’ experience on Cooking.com and partner sites when designing and/or updating new and existing site contents and marketing materials. The incumbent will primarily work on designing and coding enewsletters, as well as banner ads and buttons for promoting Cooking.com on other sites. The Associates Web Designer will exercice independant judgement regarding the design of most e-newsletters and partner site updates.
- Design and code email newsletters.
- Weekly updates and maintenance of existing site pages within established branding.
- Design banner ads and buttons for links from other sites.
- Create new web pages and site features using current HTML and CSS standards.
- Provide input on existing web pages to optimize user experience on websites.
- Design magazine ads for print.
- Special projects as assigned.
The specific core competencies for the successful candidate include the following:
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong understanding and experience with basic HTML, especially as related to coding e-newsletters
Work with internal team: Design, Technology, Production, Marketing, Content & Community departments
Business Knowledge, Skills, and Desired Attributes
Must have experience in Photoshop, Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS, Word, Excel, Outlook. Must be proficient on both Mac and PC platforms. VERY IMPORTANT: Highly organized and detail orientated. Strong visual and verbal communication skills required.
- A strong sense of commitment, with an open and straightforward personality
- Ability to gain the trust and respect of people at all levels; a thoughtful and articulate communication style
- Service Excellence
- Strong analytical skills and planning capabilities. Very comfortable in a data driven environment. Excellence internally and externally managing expectations and delivering.
- Growth & Continuous Learning
- An ability to challenge conventional wisdom without ruining relationships. Plus, an intellectual curiosity to keep learning.
- Resourceful & Innovative
- Does not need a large staff or large budget. Knows how to overcome obstacles.
Scope of Job
- Approx. 8 Month Contract
- 30 Days - Fully trained on Cooking.com’s design task tracking process, enewsletter, and site update process.
- 60 Days - Take over full design responsibility of multiple partners including e-newsletters, banners and weekly site updates with an eye for maintaining branding.
- 90 Days - Should be able to create and improve existing newsletter templates and in general find ways to improve quality of design, code and processes for the brands assigned, and additionally take on occasional special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience within design field required
- 3 plus years corporate experience in web design
To apply, email resume to:
email@example.com with EMAIL WEB DESIGNER – FREELANCE CONTRACTOR in the subject line
Cooking.com is transforming online shopping in the food and cooking space by going to customers and building innovative entertaining shopping experiences with trusted brands. Cooking.com currently operates several uniquely branded websites including:Calphalon Store, Rachael Ray Store, Paula Deen Store, Betty Crocker Store, Pillsbury Store, FreshPreserving store, Emeril Store, ButterBell Store, and Dunkin' Donuts Shop.
We offer our customers access to over 60,000 products for the kitchen as well as recipes, menus, collections and a growing library of member-submitted cooking content. The Company is committed to providing its customers with an exceptional experience and it is the recipient of numerous awards for customer satisfaction.
Cooking.com was founded in 1998 by a team that worked together at the Walt Disney Corporation and shared a passion for creating a great company! How did we pick Cooking? The credit goes to one of our initial investors, Idealab! They teamed us up with a cookbook publisher and we had the perfect blend of cooking and retail knowledge to launch the best cooking web site.
KEYWORDS: El Segundo, Los Angeles, jobs, career, ecommerce, e-commerce, e-tailer, etailer, websites, web, online, B2C, internet, interactive, marketplace, food, cooking, cookware, kitchenware, recipes, entertainment, décor, cooks, chefs, design, designer, newsletter, enewsletter, eblast, branding, style guide, advertising, site build, front-end