Don't Miss Out!
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sign-up in progress...
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Get Your Career at Cooking.com
Front End Web Developer (Contract Position)
The specific core competencies for the successful candidate include the following:
- Working with a team in an Agile build workflow to generate front-end code for the project.
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
Internal and External Client Management
- Reviewing front-end mockups with the internal team to demonstrate design execution.
- Presenting key pages to client for approval.
Business Knowledge, Skills, and Desired Attributes:
- Must have knowledge of how to employ the jQuery library for visual effects, event handling, and document manipulation
- Familiarity of HTML syntax for multiple specifications, including HTML 5.
- Must know best practices in CSS file structure; syntax of CSS2 & CSS3 declarations, properties and attributes
- Strong understanding of CSS box model and methods for CSS positioning
- Experience coding different CSS for various media, devices and displays (responsive design)
- In-depth experience with development and debugging tools for cross-browser/device testing
- Expertise in performance optimization using tools such as YSlow or PageSpeed
- A strong sense of commitment, with an open and straightforward personality
- Ability to gain the trust and respect of people at all levels; a thoughtful and articulate communication style
- Service Excellence
- Strong analytical skills and planning capabilities. Very comfortable in a data driven environment. Excellence internally and externally managing expectations and delivering.
- Growth & Continuous Learning
- An ability to challenge conventional wisdom without ruining relationships. Plus, an intellectual curiosity to keep learning.
- Resourceful & Innovative
- Does not need a large staff or large budget. Knows how to overcome obstacles.
Scope of Job
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience within design field required
- 5 plus years corporate experience in front-end web development
To apply, email resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with FRONT END WEB DEVELOPER in the subject line
Cooking.com is transforming online shopping in the food and cooking space by going to customers and building innovative entertaining shopping experiences with trusted brands. Cooking.com currently operates several uniquely branded websites including:Calphalon Store, Rachael Ray Store, Paula Deen Store, Betty Crocker Store, Pillsbury Store, FreshPreserving store, Emeril Store, ButterBell Store, and Dunkin' Donuts Shop.
We offer our customers access to over 60,000 products for the kitchen as well as recipes, menus, collections and a growing library of member-submitted cooking content. The Company is committed to providing its customers with an exceptional experience and it is the recipient of numerous awards for customer satisfaction.
Cooking.com was founded in 1998 by a team that worked together at the Walt Disney Corporation and shared a passion for creating a great company! How did we pick Cooking? The credit goes to one of our initial investors, Idealab! They teamed us up with a cookbook publisher and we had the perfect blend of cooking and retail knowledge to launch the best cooking web site.
KEYWORDS: El Segundo, Los Angeles, jobs, career, ecommerce, e-commerce, e-tailer, etailer, websites, web, online, B2C, internet, interactive, marketplace, food, cooking, cookware, kitchenware, recipes, entertainment, décor, cooks, chefs, design, designer, developer, coding, engineer, branding, style guide, advertising, site build, front-end