Don't Miss Out!
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sign-up in progress...
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Get Your Career at Cooking.com
Merchandising Coordinator (Temporary Position)
- This position acts as an integral part of the Merchandising team and supports the day-to-day functions involved with making product available for sale on-site. The Merchandise Coordinator will assist Merchants for the entire division.
- Initiate request for product information necessary from internal and external partners to complete an accurate, rich, and interactive ecommerce item setup and follow up on collateral associated with each product. (see bullet below)
- Create a satisfying shopping experience for our customers, through working with buyers and vendors to provide accurate and engaging product content.
- Compile and organize set-up sheets for all new products
- Identify, communicate and assist in finding solutions to barriers preventing item setup completion
- Order photo samples - partner with Buyers/Vendors to communicate needs & tracking.
- Work with Buyers to communicate image direction to photography.
- Proof new sku’s prior to weekly website upload to ensure 100% accuracy prior to sku upload on website. Proofing includes: Product name, copy, features & benefits, dimensions, etc.
- Update & correct images as necessary and determine if alternate images are needed
- Act as a conduit of information, materials and samples to all cross functional teams
- Track current projects (e.g. new items set-ups, vendor follow-up, etc.) by department and keep all stakeholders informed of the progress on a weekly basis.
- Manage sku corrections as necessary
- Assist Buyers, Sr. Buyers and Management with presentations other departments and Sr. Management (e.g. sample gathering, meeting layouts, etc.).
- Generate, maintain and distribute various reports to the team and cross-functional partners.
- Update and distribute month-end reports for department management.
- Provide administrative support to department, as needed
- Computer literacy including proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Strong knowledge of Excel preferred.
- Photoshop a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 1-2 years’ work experience.
Job Specific Competencies
The specific core competencies for the successful candidate include the following:
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills
Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills. Builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Respect/Work Environment
Promotes mutual respect. Contributes to and fosters professional work environment.
Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
We are always interested in talented and motivated individuals excited about the potential of the Internet and Cooking. We are creating a work environment that inspires, challenges and offers our employees the opportunity to participate in developing a leading Internet business.
As the leading online marketplace for the kitchen, Cooking.com operates its own site and 20+ uniquely branded websites for leading brands in the food and cooking space.
- Casual work environment
- Employee referral program
- Flexible work arrangements
- 35% employee discount on cooking.com (45% during November)
- Free pastries/donuts
- Monthly anniversary and birthday cake celebration
- And many fun social activities throughout the year, which support and enhance our culture!
Local candidate only – no relocation fees will be paid.
Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
This is a full time position on-site in El Segundo.
To apply, email resume to:
email@example.com with MERCHANDISING COORDINATOR in the subject line
Cooking.com is transforming online shopping in the food and cooking space by going to customers and building innovative entertaining shopping experiences with trusted brands. Cooking.com currently operates several uniquely branded websites including: Calphalon Store, Rachael Ray Store, Paula Deen Store, Betty Crocker Store, Pillsbury Store, FreshPreserving store, Emeril Store, ButterBell Store, and Dunkin' Donuts Shop.
We offer our customers access to over 60,000 products for the kitchen as well as recipes, menus, collections and a growing library of member-submitted cooking content. The Company is committed to providing its customers with an exceptional experience and it is the recipient of numerous awards for customer satisfaction.
Cooking.com was founded in 1998 by a team that worked together at the Walt Disney Corporation and shared a passion for creating a great company! How did we pick Cooking? The credit goes to one of our initial investors, Idealab! They teamed us up with a cookbook publisher and we had the perfect blend of cooking and retail knowledge to launch the best cooking web site.
KEYWORDS: El Segundo, Los Angeles, jobs, career, ecommerce, e-commerce, e-tailer, etailer, websites, web, online, B2C, internet, interactive, marketplace, food, cooking, cookware, kitchenware, recipes, entertainment, décor, cooks, chefs, design, designer, newsletter, enewsletter, eblast, branding, style guide, advertising, site build, front-end