Don't Miss Out!
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sign-up in progress...
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Get Your Career at Cooking.com
Product Content Administrator
Based in El Segundo, CA, we are a fast-paced, growing, and exciting ecommerce Company. We are currently looking to hire a full-time Product Content Administrator to join our team.
We provide a competitive compensation package that includes strong benefit options. Full-time employees are eligible for health coverage, 2 weeks of paid time off, 6 paid holidays, flexible spending program, 401(k) plan, and other special perks:
- Casual work environment
- Employee referral program
- 35% employee discount on cooking.com (45% during November)
- Free pastries/donuts
- Monthly anniversary and birthday cake celebration
- And many fun social activities throughout the year, which support and enhance our culture!
The Product Content Administrator will be responsible for executing the procedures and duties required to set up new items on the website, ensuring all relevant product information, descriptions, attributes, characteristics, images and videos are accurately presented to enable customers to make fully informed purchasing decisions. Additionally, the incumbent will write and proofread copy; and use Photoshop to clean-up and correct product images. Further responsibilities include close collaboration with cross-functional teams to improve overall product categorization and brand representation across all eleven sites. The Product Content Administrator will also assist Production with collections, promotions, coupons, site real estate and site quality assurance.
- Execute set-up and representation of all merchandise, throughout its lifecycle, including descriptions, hierarchy, pricing, attributes, images and videos
- Search for informative, interesting, and compelling content from a variety of sources with an eye for providing an interactive user experience
- Utilize vendor catalogs, internet, buyers and vendor representatives to acquire the necessary product information to complete item set-up
- Write and proofread copy; edit spelling and grammar
- Use Photoshop to clean-up and correct product images
- Achieve productivity goals while maintaining quality controls and accuracy
- Responsible for a heavy workload; when issues arise, problem solves, thinking outside of normal processes, for the quickest and most efficient resolution
- Develop and utilize strong collaborative relationships with Cooking.com colleagues to achieve business objectives and improve overall product categorization and brand representation across all eleven sites
- Create and distribute a Weekly Task Report giving visibility to Product Content’s workflow
- Assist Production with collections, promotions, coupon builds, site real estate and site quality assurance.
- Support Account Management and Brand Management with site-specific product needs.
- Participate in company’s social media program.
- Create and distribute a Weekly Task Report.
Business Knowledge, Skills, and Desired Attributes:
- High School or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Authorization to work in the United States for any employer
- 2+ years working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Photoshop, Basic HTML
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize
- Highly organized and detail orientated
- Self-starter, reliable team player with strong initiative and the ability to thrive in high-intensity, rapidly changing environment
- Owns workload and is passionate about delivering a high-volume of high-quality work
- Problem solves and initiates resolutions to keep workflow moving
- Knowledge of cookware and housewares preferred, and/or experience working in e-commerce, retail merchandising or customer service
- Must have flexible schedule, including availability on evenings, weekends and holidays
Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, conveys good news and bad.
Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
Sense of Urgency
Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, instills urgency in others, and meets deadlines
Local candidate only – no relocation fees will be paid.
Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
This is a full time position on-site in El Segundo.
To apply, email resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with Product Content Administrator in the subject line
Cooking.com is transforming online shopping in the food and cooking space by going to customers and building innovative entertaining shopping experiences with trusted brands. Cooking.com currently operates several uniquely branded websites including:Calphalon Store, Rachael Ray Store, Paula Deen Store, Betty Crocker Store, Pillsbury Store, FreshPreserving store, Emeril Store, ButterBell Store, and Dunkin' Donuts Shop.
We offer our customers access to over 60,000 products for the kitchen as well as recipes, menus, collections and a growing library of member-submitted cooking content. The Company is committed to providing its customers with an exceptional experience and it is the recipient of numerous awards for customer satisfaction.
Cooking.com was founded in 1998 by a team that worked together at the Walt Disney Corporation and shared a passion for creating a great company! How did we pick Cooking? The credit goes to one of our initial investors, Idealab! They teamed us up with a cookbook publisher and we had the perfect blend of cooking and retail knowledge to launch the best cooking web site.
KEYWORDS: El Segundo, Los Angeles, jobs, career , ecommerce, e-commerce, e-tailer, etailer, websites, online, B2C, internet, interactive, marketplace, internet marketplace, food, cooking, cookware, kitchenware, recipes, menus, articles, library, selection, sales, entertainment, décor, forum, cooks, account management, strategic relationship, client management, project manager