Get Your Career at Cooking.com
Based in Marina Del Rey, CA, we are a fast-paced, growing, and exciting ecommerce Company with an aggressive release cycle and several applications. We are currently looking to hire a full-time QA Engineer to join our technology team and implement a strong QA process across various departments within the organization. The ideal candidate will possess strong process management skills in addition to extensive hands-on testing experience.
We provide a competitive compensation package that includes strong benefit options. Full-time employees are eligible for health coverage, 15 days of paid time off, 12 paid holidays, flexible spending program, 401(k) plan, and other special perks:
- Casual work environment
- Employee referral program
- Flexible work arrangements
- 35% employee discount on cooking.com (45% during November)
- Free pastries/donuts
- Monthly anniversary and birthday cake celebration
- And many fun social activities throughout the year, which support and enhance our culture!
- Plan, develop and manage execution of email marketing programs at the annual, quarterly, seasonal, monthly and weekly levels, working closely with cross-functional partners in Merchandising, Inventory Planning, Design, and Technology.
- Develop strategies using customer data to increase relevancy through targeted and triggered campaigns. Partner with internal teams to drive innovation in targeting and personalization in order to improve engagement metrics and response.
- Manage customer contact strategy, co-owning campaign calendar for product marketing and promotion plan.
- Analyze and communicate results, key metrics and file health statistics on a regularly scheduled basis. Participate in cross-brand email metrics dashboard preparation. Apply learnings to improve future metrics.
- Develop and execute quarterly testing and initiatives plan, reporting progress and incorporating key findings into future campaigns.
- Partner with Technology team to develop and implement actionable customer segmentation targets to improve engagement metrics and response.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders in developing and implementing email acquisition plans.
- Develop annual sales and cost budget. Manage monthly sales and cost forecasts; oversee monthly invoice accruals.
- Analyze competitive marketplace and follow email trends.
- Manage two direct reports.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Minimum Required Skills
- Test Plans, Agile, Black Box Testing, Code Version Management, .NET Experience, Ecommerce Testing
Required Experience & Skills
- 5 years direct experience as a QA tester for ecommerce applications
- QA best practices knowledge
- Shopping cart testing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Agile development
- Knowledge of .NET
- Monitoring and lead QA testing effort across various departments
- Develop test approaches / strategies for new site development
- Hands-on experience with manual testing
- Determining testing scope
- Assessing Risk to schedule, cost, or quality on project and testing engagement
- Preparing and managing the project testing schedule
- Preparing and facilitating the implementation of test plans
- Managing defects
- Ability to handle 4-6 projects in various stages at the same time
- Ability to react to changing project plans and come up with creative alternatives
- Organizational and planning skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team-oriented environment
The specific core competencies for the successful candidate include the following:
- Individual Commitment
- A strong sense of commitment, with an open and straightforward personality
- Ability to gain the trust and respect of people at all levels; a thoughtful and articulate communication style
- Service Excellence
- Strong analytical skills and planning capabilities. Very comfortable in a data driven environment. Excellence internally and externally managing expectations and delivering.
- Growth & Continuous Learning
- An ability to challenge conventional wisdom without ruining relationships. Plus, an intellectual curiosity to keep learning.
- Resourceful & Innovative
- Does not need a large staff or large budget. Knows how to overcome obstacles.
Local candidate only – no relocation fees will be paid.
Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
This is a full time position on-site in Marina Del Rey.
To apply, email resume to:
email@example.com with QA ENGINEER in the subject line
Cooking.com is transforming online shopping in the food and cooking space by going to customers and building innovative entertaining shopping experiences with trusted brands. Cooking.com currently operates several uniquely branded websites including: Food Network Store, Epicurious Shop, Rachael Ray Store, Paula Deen Store, Calphalon Store, Betty Crocker Store, Pillsbury Store and more.
We offer our customers access to over 60,000 products for the kitchen as well as recipes, menus, collections and a growing library of member-submitted cooking content. The Company is committed to providing its customers with an exceptional experience and it is the recipient of numerous awards for customer satisfaction.
Cooking.com was founded in 1998 by a team that worked together at the Walt Disney Corporation and shared a passion for creating a great company! How did we pick Cooking? The credit goes to one of our initial investors, Idealab! They teamed us up with a cookbook publisher and we had the perfect blend of cooking and retail knowledge to launch the best cooking web site.
KEYWORDS: Marina Del Rey, Los Angeles, jobs, career , ecommerce, e-commerce, e-tailer, etailer, websites, online, B2C, internet, interactive, marketplace, internet marketplace, food, cooking, cookware, kitchenware, recipes, menus, articles, library, selection, sales, entertainment, décor, forum, cooks, Testing, Test Plans, Agile, Black Box, Code Version, Management, .NET, Ecommerce Testing