Don't Miss Out!
Sign up and get the latest straight to your inbox:
- New products
- Exclusive deals
- Free shipping offers
Sorry, Please Enter a Correct E-mail Address
Thanks! Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!
Want to manage which types of newsletters you receive from us? Click Here
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails. Click here to modify your email preferences.
Get Your Career at Cooking.com
Senior Software Engineer
Based in Marina Del Rey, CA, we are a fast-paced, growing, and exciting ecommerce Company with an aggressive release cycle and several applications. We are currently looking to hire a full-time Senior Software Engineer to join our technology team. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing enhancement of TCC Cooking Company web properties, e-commerce infrastructure and internal applications.
We provide a competitive compensation package that includes strong benefit options. Full-time employees are eligible for health coverage, 2 weeks of paid time off, 6 paid holidays, flexible spending program, 401(k) plan, and other special perks:
- Casual work environment
- Employee referral program
- Flexible work arrangements
- 35% employee discount on cooking.com (45% during November)
- Free pastries/donuts
- Monthly anniversary and birthday cake celebration
- And many fun social activities throughout the year, which support and enhance our culture!
Development and Design
- Responsible for development on all TCC Cooking Company web sites, with the goal of reusability. Systems must be stable, usable across multiple sites and scalable, while ensuring the integrity of the product
- Web Service Development with WCF
- Application development with C#, .Net framework, XML, XSLT
- Database development using SQL Server
- Adhere and enforce company's change control policies and procedures
- Participate in Sprint planning, daily Scrums and Sprint reviews
- Establish infrastructure environment in SVN and CruiseControl
- Profiling code for performance tuning
- Respond to change productively, and perform other essential duties as assigned
Enhancement and Maintenance
- Enhance the performance and functionality of existing systems
- Provide on-call support & troubleshoot technical issues as required
Training and Research
- Educate staff on new features and functionality of applications and online products
- Conduct code reviews
- Research and recommend new development technologies
Business Knowledge, Skills, and Desired Attributes
- Internet technology guru with programming background, as well as process improvement skills
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines, with varying degrees of technical experience
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills and sound judgment
- Results orientated technician who aligns resources to accomplish key objectives; assigns clear accountability for important objectives; sets the performance bar at the highest standard of excellence
- Forges synergy by maintaining smooth, effective work relationships at all levels; promotes a winning, team-based culture of inclusion
Scope of Job
- Receives minimal direction from manager in performing the job
- Makes day-to-day decisions on the priority of issues such as which reports to work on based upon complexity of deliverable, and due date
- Contributes to the decision on development methodologies and internal development processes
- Participates in cross functional teams
- Must have 2+ years WCF Web Service Development Experience
- 4+ years of software development experience with product full lifecycle
- 3+ years of web development experience using ASP.NET & C#. ASP.NET MVC desirable
- 2+ years developing software in an agile software development environment using either XP or Scrum
- 2+ years of experience with SQL Server or other database
- Must have API and SOA experience
- Excellent knowledge of working with dynamic data using services (e.g., JSON, XML, REST API, and etc.)
- Knowledge of open source frameworks
- Proven ability to build highly scalable and highly available systems
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer Science BS preferred
- Authorization to work in the United States for any employer
Nice to Haves
- Software architecture and design using UML and modeling tools
- Experience in digital commerce on a hyper scale
- Experience with SOLR or open source search product
- Unit test development using NUnit & NCover
- Continuous code improvement via NDepends
- Internet Savvy - Makes good use of web tools and on-line industry resources, can implement and manage web projects, has on-line marketing knowledge and is aware of industry trends for a particular discipline
- Sense of Urgency - Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, instills urgency in others and meets deadlines
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Managing Technology - Has an awareness of, researches and adopts effective technologies that improve the bottom line and works well with tech resources
Local candidate only – no relocation fees will be paid.
Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
This is a full time position on-site in Marina Del Rey.
To apply, email resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER in the subject line
Cooking.com is transforming online shopping in the food and cooking space by going to customers and building innovative entertaining shopping experiences with trusted brands. Cooking.com currently operates several uniquely branded websites including: :Calphalon Store, Rachael Ray Store, Paula Deen Store, Betty Crocker Store, Pillsbury Store, FreshPreserving store, Emeril Store, Epicurious Shop, ButterBell Store, and Dunkin' Donuts Shop.
We offer our customers access to over 60,000 products for the kitchen as well as recipes, menus, collections and a growing library of member-submitted cooking content. The Company is committed to providing its customers with an exceptional experience and it is the recipient of numerous awards for customer satisfaction.
Cooking.com was founded in 1998 by a team that worked together at the Walt Disney Corporation and shared a passion for creating a great company! How did we pick Cooking? The credit goes to one of our initial investors, Idealab! They teamed us up with a cookbook publisher and we had the perfect blend of cooking and retail knowledge to launch the best cooking web site.
KEYWORDS: Marina Del Rey, Los Angeles, jobs, career , ecommerce, e-commerce, e-tailer, etailer, websites, online, B2C, internet, interactive, marketplace, internet marketplace, food, cooking, cookware, kitchenware, recipes, menus, articles, library, selection, sales, entertainment, décor, forum, cooks, account management, strategic relationship, client management, Senior Software Engineer