Don't Miss Out!
Sign up and get the latest straight to your inbox:
- New products
- Exclusive deals
- Free shipping offers
Sorry, Please Enter a Correct E-mail Address
Thanks! Sign-up in progress...
Get Your Career at Cooking.com
Senior Software Engineer
Based in Marina Del Rey, CA, we are a fast-paced, growing, and exciting ecommerce Company with an aggressive release cycle and several applications. We are currently looking to hire a full-time Senior Software Engineer to join our technology team. This position is responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of Cooking.com web properties, e-commerce infrastructure and internal applications. This position is responsible for site and application enhancements and maintenance.
We provide a competitive compensation package that includes strong benefit options. Full-time employees are eligible for health coverage, 15 days of paid time off, 12 paid holidays, flexible spending program, 401(k) plan, and other special perks:
- Casual work environment
- Employee referral program
- Flexible work arrangements
- 35% employee discount on cooking.com (45% during November)
- Free pastries/donuts
- Monthly anniversary and birthday cake celebration
- And many fun social activities throughout the year, which support and enhance our culture!
- Computer Science BS or higher preferred.
Minimum Required Skills
- 5+ years of software development experience with product full lifecycle. Application development using Microsoft based technologies.
- 3+ years of software architecture experience using modeling application and UML.
- 2+ years of web development experience using ASP.NET & C#. ASP.NET MVC desirable.
- 2+ years of SQL-Server with any OR mapping infrastructure.
- 2+ years developing software in an Agile software development environment using either XP or Scrum.
- Application development with C#, .Net framework, XML, XSLT & EDI
- Database development using data models, ORM frameworks & SQL Server
- Participate in Sprint planning
- User story review and story point estimation w/product owner
- Task breakdown and estimation w/ Scrum team
- Organization of tasks with Scrum team members
- Participation in daily Scrums
- Software architecture and design using UML and modeling tools
- Establish infrastructure environment in SVN and CruiseControl
- Profiling code for performance tuning
- Unit test development using NUnit & NCover
- Continuous code improvement via NDepends
- Automate deployment via CruiseControl
- Participate in Sprint review; demo and retrospective
The specific core competencies for the successful candidate include the following:
- Individual Commitment
- A strong sense of commitment, with an open and straightforward personality
- Ability to gain the trust and respect of people at all levels; a thoughtful and articulate communication style
- Service Excellence
- Strong analytical skills and planning capabilities. Very comfortable in a data driven environment. Excellence internally and externally managing expectations and delivering.
- Growth & Continuous Learning
- An ability to challenge conventional wisdom without ruining relationships. Plus, an intellectual curiosity to keep learning.
- Resourceful & Innovative
- Does not need a large staff or large budget. Knows how to overcome obstacles.
Local candidate only – no relocation fees will be paid.
Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
This is a full time position on-site in Marina Del Rey.
To apply, email resume to:
email@example.com with SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER in the subject line
Cooking.com is transforming online shopping in the food and cooking space by going to customers and building innovative entertaining shopping experiences with trusted brands. Cooking.com currently operates several uniquely branded websites including: Food Network Store, Epicurious Shop, Rachael Ray Store, Paula Deen Store, Calphalon Store, Betty Crocker Store, Pillsbury Store and more.
We offer our customers access to over 60,000 products for the kitchen as well as recipes, menus, collections and a growing library of member-submitted cooking content. The Company is committed to providing its customers with an exceptional experience and it is the recipient of numerous awards for customer satisfaction.
Cooking.com was founded in 1998 by a team that worked together at the Walt Disney Corporation and shared a passion for creating a great company! How did we pick Cooking? The credit goes to one of our initial investors, Idealab! They teamed us up with a cookbook publisher and we had the perfect blend of cooking and retail knowledge to launch the best cooking web site.
KEYWORDS: Marina del Rey, Los Angeles, jobs, career, ecommerce, e-commerce, e-tailer, etailer, websites, web, online, B2C, internet, interactive, marketplace, food, cooking, cookware, kitchenware, recipes, entertainment, décor, cooks, chefs, account management, strategic relationship, client management, Senior Software Engineer