Don't Miss Out!
Sign up and get the latest straight to your inbox:
- New products
- Exclusive deals
- Free shipping offers
Sorry, Please Enter a Correct E-mail Address
Thanks! Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!
Get Your Career at Cooking.com
Based in Marina Del Rey, CA, we are a fast-paced, growing, and exciting ecommerce Company with an aggressive release cycle and several applications. We are currently looking to hire a full-time Software Engineer to join our technology team. The Software Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of Cooking.com web properties, e-commerce infrastructure and internal applications. This position is responsible for site and application enhancements and maintenance.
We provide a competitive compensation package that includes strong benefit options. Full-time employees are eligible for health coverage, 15 days of paid time off, 12 paid holidays, flexible spending program, 401(k) plan, and other special perks:
- Casual work environment
- Employee referral program
- Flexible work arrangements
- 35% employee discount on cooking.com (45% during November)
- Free pastries/donuts
- Monthly anniversary and birthday cake celebration
- And many fun social activities throughout the year, which support and enhance our culture!
- Development and Maintenance
- Responsible for building and maintaining all CCS sites, with the goal of reusability
- Systems must be stable, usable across multiple markets and scalable, while ensuring the integrity of the product
- Application development with C#, .Net framework, XML, XSLT
- Database development using data models, ORM frameworks & SQL Server
- Automate deployment via CruiseControl
- Adhere and enforce company's change control policies and procedures
- Participate in Sprint planning, daily Scrums and Sprint reviews
- Establish infrastructure environment in SVN and CruiseControl
- Profiling code for performance tuning
- Respond to change productively, and perform other essential duties as assigned
- Repair and or enhance the performance and functionality of existing systems
- Provide on-call support & troubleshoot technical issues
Business Knowledge, Skills, and Desired Attributes
- Internet technology guru with programming background, as well as process improvement skills
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines, with varying degrees of technical experience
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills and sound judgment
- Results orientated technician who aligns resources to accomplish key objectives; assigns clear accountability for important objectives; sets the performance bar at the highest standard of excellence
Scope of Job
- Receives minimal direction from manager in performing the job
- Makes day-to-day decisions on the priority of issues such as which reports to work on based upon complexity of deliverable, and due date
- May contribute to the decision on development methodologies and internal development processes
- Participates in cross functional teams
- 1+ years of software development experience with product full lifecycle.
- 1+ years of web development experience using ASP.NET & C#. ASP.NET MVC desirable.
- 1+ years developing software in an Agile software development environment using either XP or Scrum
- 1+ years SQL-Server or other database
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer Science or Information Systems BS preferred
- Authorization to work in the United States for any employer
Nice to Have
- Software architecture and design using UML and modeling tools
- Unit test development using NUnit & NCover
- Continuous code improvement via NDepends
- Oracle Guided Search (Formerly Endeca)
- Internet Savvy - Makes good use of web tools and on-line industry resources, can implement and manage web projects, has on-line marketing knowledge and is aware of industry trends for a particular discipline
- Sense of Urgency - Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, instills urgency in others and meets deadlines
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Managing Technology - Has an awareness of, researches and adopts effective technologies that improve the bottom line and works well with tech resources
Local candidate only – no relocation fees will be paid.
Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
This is a full time position on-site in Marina Del Rey.
To apply, email resume to:
email@example.com with SOFTWARE ENGINEER in the subject line
Cooking.com is transforming online shopping in the food and cooking space by going to customers and building innovative entertaining shopping experiences with trusted brands. Cooking.com currently operates several uniquely branded websites including: Food Network Store, Epicurious Shop, Rachael Ray Store, Paula Deen Store, Calphalon Store, Betty Crocker Store, Pillsbury Store and more.
We offer our customers access to over 60,000 products for the kitchen as well as recipes, menus, collections and a growing library of member-submitted cooking content. The Company is committed to providing its customers with an exceptional experience and it is the recipient of numerous awards for customer satisfaction.
Cooking.com was founded in 1998 by a team that worked together at the Walt Disney Corporation and shared a passion for creating a great company! How did we pick Cooking? The credit goes to one of our initial investors, Idealab! They teamed us up with a cookbook publisher and we had the perfect blend of cooking and retail knowledge to launch the best cooking web site.
KEYWORDS: Marina Del Rey, Los Angeles, jobs, career , ecommerce, e-commerce, e-tailer, etailer, websites, online, B2C, internet, interactive, marketplace, internet marketplace, food, cooking, cookware, kitchenware, recipes, menus, articles, library, selection, sales, entertainment, décor, forum, cooks, account management, strategic relationship, client management, Software Engineer