Don't Miss Out!
Sign up and get the latest straight to your inbox:
- New products
- Exclusive deals
- Free shipping offers
Sorry, Please Enter a Correct E-mail Address
Thanks! Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!
Want to manage which types of newsletters you receive from us? Click Here
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails. Click here to modify your email preferences.
Get Your Career at Cooking.com
Front-End Web Design Contractor
- Working with a team in an Agile build workflow to generate front-end code for the project.
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
- Reviewing front-end mockups with the internal team to demonstrate design execution.
- Presenting key pages to client for approval.
Business Knowledge, Required Skills:
- Must have extensive knowledge of HTML to the level of being able to hand-code markup.
- Familiarity of HTML syntax for multiple specifications, including HTML 5.
- Must know best practices in CSS file structure; syntax of CSS2 declarations, properties and attributes.
- Strong understanding of CSS box model and methods for CSS positioning.
- Should have experience with CSS3.
- Experience specifying different CSS for various media, devices and displays (responsive design).
- Knowledge of how to employ the jQuery library for visual effects, event handling, and document manipulation.
- In-depth experience with development and debugging tools for cross-browser/device testing.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience within design field required
- 5 plus years corporate experience in web design
Job Specific Competencies
The specific core competencies for the successful candidate include the following:
Excellence / Quality
Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, communicates decisions to others.
Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
We are always interested in talented and motivated individuals excited about the potential of the Internet and Cooking. We are creating a work environment that inspires, challenges and offers our employees the opportunity to participate in developing a leading Internet business.
As the leading online marketplace for the kitchen, Cooking.com operates its own site and 20+ uniquely branded websites for leading brands in the food and cooking space.
- Casual work environment
- Employee referral program
- Flexible work arrangements
- 35% employee discount on cooking.com (45% during November)
- Free pastries/donuts
- Monthly anniversary and birthday cake celebration
- And many fun social activities throughout the year, which support and enhance our culture!
Local candidate only – no relocation fees will be paid.
Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
This is a full time position on-site in Marina Del Rey.
To apply, email resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with WEB DESIGNER in the subject line
Cooking.com is transforming online shopping in the food and cooking space by going to customers and building innovative entertaining shopping experiences with trusted brands. Cooking.com currently operates several uniquely branded websites including: Food Network Store, Epicurious Shop, Rachael Ray Store, Paula Deen Store, Calphalon Store, Betty Crocker Store, Pillsbury Store and more.
We offer our customers access to over 60,000 products for the kitchen as well as recipes, menus, collections and a growing library of member-submitted cooking content. The Company is committed to providing its customers with an exceptional experience and it is the recipient of numerous awards for customer satisfaction.
Cooking.com was founded in 1998 by a team that worked together at the Walt Disney Corporation and shared a passion for creating a great company! How did we pick Cooking? The credit goes to one of our initial investors, Idealab! They teamed us up with a cookbook publisher and we had the perfect blend of cooking and retail knowledge to launch the best cooking web site.
KEYWORDS: Marina del Rey, Los Angeles, jobs, career, ecommerce, e-commerce, e-tailer, etailer, websites, web, online, B2C, internet, interactive, marketplace, food, cooking, cookware, kitchenware, recipes, entertainment, décor, cooks, chefs, design, designer, newsletter, enewsletter, eblast, branding, style guide, advertising, site build, front-end