Stylish and functional cast-iron cookware is prized for its versatility, durability, and exceptional heating capabilities. Now home cooks can get the most out of their cast-iron collection with over 40 recipes for the Dutch oven, skillet, and more.
Whether it’s your grandmother’s well-seasoned black skillet or the brightly colored enameled pot you received as a wedding present, cast iron is the perfect choice for nearly any cooking task. You can use a Dutch oven to slow-simmer chicken until meltingly tender; a heavy frying pan to sear steaks to a juicy, browned finish; a ridged stove-top grill pan to cook golden and oozing cheese sandwiches; and a sturdy roasting pan to caramelize sweet root vegetables in the oven. Organized by type of cookware, each chapter shows the many ways to use these popular pots and pans, adored by professional chefs and home cooks alike. More than 40 tempting recipes are included, many of which boast beautiful, full-color photographs. From a hearty vegetable frittata and spicy beef chili to comforting lemon-herb chicken and decadent chocolate bread pudding, this book offers recipes for every meal of the day.
Dutch Ovens & Braisers:
- Olive oil–braised potatoes with herbs
- Brussels sprouts with bacon & onions
- Herbed beef stew
- Southern-style fried chicken
- Garlic-braised chicken
- Asian-style braised short ribs
- Rustic walnut no-knead bread
- Berry cobbler
- Tomato, arugula & goat cheese frittata
- Dutch baby with cinnamon pears
- Zucchini fritters with herbed yogurt
- Jalapeño-cheddar corn bread
- Summer vegetables with balsamic
- Fish tacos with mango salsa
- Chicken under a brick
- Three-cheese panini
- Peaches with cardamom honey
- Breakfast strata
- Potato & chard gratin
- Macaroni & cheese with bread crumbs
- Meat lasagna
- Rhubarb & apple crumble
- Dutch ovens & braisers; frying pans; grill pans; baking, roasting & gratin pans--so--you can make the most of the pots and pans in your collection.
- Whimsical colored graphics indicate which type of cookware will be used in the recipe (ex: a skillet icon next to a frittata recipe.)
- Recipes are modern, comforting, and delicious, showing off the myriad uses for cast-iron cookware, from braising to grilling to baking.
Baking, Roasting & Gratin Pans:
Chapters are organized by type of cookware--