What do you get when you mix a star chef with everyday supermarket ingredients? 150 inspired recipes that home cooks can make with ease that yield equally stellar results. Chef Todd English's recipes are a simple exercise in layering flavors. Prominent flavors are called out in simple visual equations that make cooking fun.
- 150 inspired recipes divided into 10 mouth watering chapters: Basics, Cocktails and Appetizers, Soups, Salads and Sandwiches, Vegetables, Starch, Birds and Eggs, Meat, Fish and Shellfish, Kids and Family Dinners, and Desserts
- Flavor Equations--A visual formula Highlights the predominant flavors in every recipe.
- Recipe-Grocery Lists--Ingredients listed first, followed by the measurements required, turn recipes into shopping lists-at-a-glance
- Shopping Demystified--Let one of America's most prolific chefs show you how to shop, use, prepare and store everyday ingredients.
- How-Tos--Like having your own personal "cook whisperer" at your side. Todd English walks you through the basic techniques every cook should know.