Cooking in the Moment: (Hardcover) by Reusing, Andrea
Author autographed bookplates available! While supplies last.
In a delightful year of cooking, acclaimed chef Andrea Reusing, the next-generation Alice Waters, shares just how easy and delicious it can be to eat fresh, local, seasonal foods--on a weeknight, after a day job, in the dead of winter, with a family.
Advocating a return to simple, healthful, just-out-of-the-earth eating that is never rarefied or precious, Andrea Reusing delights in the everyday--even when that means an overabundance of turnips. The chef of the award-winning Lantern in Chapel Hill, NC, Andrea lives in the heart of an area called the Triangle--Chapel Hill, Durham, and Raleigh--which champions seasonal eating year-round, no small feat as this region sees four complete seasons.
- Cooking in the Moment presents recipes arranged from spring through winter, chronicling Andrea's simple dishes built around what's best at the market as well as the challenges of balancing life and preparing wholesome meals for her family of four. Warm, personal, journal-like entries thoughtfully explore ingredients such as heirloom apples or sweet potatoes, which just might be a better first food for babies than processed rice cereal. Lush color photography rounds out the experience. Recipes range from full-fledged ones to charming, informal paragraphs of beautifully written technique tips. A few of the standouts include:
- Grilled Grass-Fed T-Bone with Crispy Herbs
- Pork Shoulder Braised in Hard Cider
- Fresh Peas with Butter, Lettuce, and Green Garlic
- Sour Cream Ice Cream with Sorghum
- A gorgeous, practical cookbook that will inspire both seasoned cooks and eager amateurs alike with its year of irresistible, sustainable possibilities, Cooking in the Moment is the rare cookbook that readers will be as eager to curl up with and read cover-to-cover as they will be to cook from.