If you've ever purchased a pint of tomatoes that looked beautiful but tasted like sawdust, or grown a zucchini plant only to find your kitchen inundated with giant squash, this book is for you. Cooking Light's Pick Fresh Cookbook packages advice for both buying and growing more than 50 fruits and vegetables, then picking them at their peak of freshness and cooking or preparing them to maximize that just-picked flavor and nutrition. Packed with helpful tips for identifying flavorful produce in the grocery store, farmers market or CSA, plus advice on when to pick your own homegrown produce, this cookbook is the first of its kind to ensure that every recipe starts with the freshest, most flavorful ingredients. This book will appeal to a variety of consumers, from the novice cook who wants to know how to prepare the fresh strawberries on special to the experienced home cook who may want to cultivate a kitchen herb garden to the backyard gardener who needs a recipe (or three) to use up a bumper crop of squash before it goes bad.
In 288 pages, Cooking Light's Pick Fresh Cookbook will share the secrets to buying, growing, and cooking your favorite fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Bursting with beautiful color photographs, this book is an invaluable resource for home cooks, novice gardeners, and food lovers alike. Cooking Light Pick Fresh Cookbook includes:
- More than 200 full-color photos
- Organized by fruits, vegetables, and herbs makes it easy to find recipes and information for the fresh produce you have right now
- 150+ recipes that utilize the fresh taste of the season's best produce in main dishes, sides, salads, dessert, and more
- Easy getting-started gardening tips from Mary Beth Shaddix, Cooking Light's expert gardener, for growing your own fruits and vegetables, whether it's in your backyard or on your windowsill.
- A complete nutritional analysis for each recipe