Elegant and easy recipes for the most popular little dessert of all.
There is no dessert quite as irresistible and charming as a delicate cupcake. The recipes in Cupcakes are delicious and simple to make, with recommended decorations for every occasion. The stylish large-scale photographs show ideal models of cupcakes for Christmas, Halloween, weddings, Saint Valentine's Day and more.
Janet Smith reveals how different types of sugar and flour affect these little cakes and what to do if they are dry or dense and heavy instead of light and fluffy. Some of the tiny treats featured are:
- Lemon cupcakes
- Apple and blueberry cakes
- White rose wedding cakes
- Carrot cupcakes with cream cheese icing
- Espresso cupcakes
- Bitter chocolate and peppermint cupcakes
- Pistachio cupcakes with pistachio cream
- Strawberry mascarpone cupcakes
- Lavender cupcakes
- Chocolate orange cupcakes.
With special sections on equipment, ingredients, icing and decorations, plus secrets, tips and tricks, Cupcakes is a one-stop resource for home cooks.