"Since my mantra is, 'My day isn't complete without something sweet', this book is perfect! Especially because the recipes fit into my Quick Fix lifestyle. Lauren found a way (actually, 100 ways!) to get incredible sweets to the table in just minutes. From kid-winners like Peanut Butter Cup S'Mores and Milk Chocolate Brownie Waffles to adult-pleasing Vanilla Pudding with Bourbon & Golden Raisins and Mini Walnut Layer Cakes with Espresso Cream Filling & Glaze, there's truly something for everyone. --Robin Miller, Food Network host and author of Quick Fix Meals and Robin to the RescueWhen busy moms don't have the time to put together a complete meal, the first thing that usually goes is often the most delicious: dessert. Thankfully, mother of two and former pastry chef Lauren Chattman is here to save the course most people crave. Molten Chocolate Cherry Cake, Homemade Meltomars, Bourbon Brown Sugar Fudge, and other tantalizing treats are among the 100 from-scratch recipes that just about anyone can prepare in a half hour or less. Her secret?
- Downsize: make only what you need for that moment
- Turn up the heat: focus on baked goods that do well in hotter ovens
- Chill out: use ice or a freezer to quickly cool down dishes
- Think outside the oven: make good use of waffle irons, frying pans, and the microwave
- Use convenient ingredients: get organized, and more.
It's time to get sweet on the most irresistible cookbook of the year!