New York Times bestselling author Sophie Uliano shows how to be green, smart, and thifty by making nearly all the things you would otherwise buy, with tips and tools designed to keep your mind open and your wallet closed.
It’s official: In these tough times, clueless is out--and crafty is in. For both financial and environmental reasons, life is all about making do with what you have. But that doesn’t mean you can’t still be fabulous. In Do It Gorgeously, Sophie Uliano takes her Gorgeously Green initiative one step further, helping even the most DIY-challenged woman to reduce, reuse, recycle, and repair everything from sexy undies to ceiling fans. Uliano shows readers how to:
- Get a second use out of virtually everything: an old sock, an egg carton, a moth-eaten sweater, cereal boxes, old pillowcases
- Create an eco-friendly nursery in a weekend
- Do away with over-priced, toxic beauty products by making them yourself
- Make everything from ricotta cheese to silver cleaner at home using common ingredients
- Re-stain and weatherproof outdoor furniture, seal leaking pipes, install low-flow aerators, clean out air conditioning filters, create an edible front yard, and a worm compost bin
- Make the healthiest products for your pets
She includes recipes for thirty of the most commonly purchased foods, like mayonnaise, peanut butter, hummus, ketchup, yogurt, jelly, and bread.
Sophie Uliano shows even the most reluctant diva how DIY can be sexy, easy, and fun.