In Easy Indian Cooking, Chef Hari Nayak presents recipes for the dishes he remembers from childhood days, growing up in rural southern India. These recipes have been modified to suit a modern lifestyle, and all of them can be prepared with ingredients available at any local supermarket or health food store. The preparation and cooking techniques have been simplified to save time without sacrificing any of the authentic Indian flavor.
A CIA-trained chef, Hari has put together an authentic collection of Indian favorites that are so easy to create and so flavorful you'll wonder why you never tried your hand at cooking Indian at home before!
Recipes include such favorites as:
- Curry Corn Chowder with Roasted Poblanos
- Basil-infused Crispy Pan Fried Shrimp with Tamarind Glaze
- Lemon Sage Tandoori Chicken Tikka
- Cumin Coriander Beef Burger with Plum Tomato
- Mustard Dip
- Flamed Crispy Pappadam Chips
- Sparkling Ginger Lime Cooler
- Cardamom Brownies