Whether it’s a Thanksgiving feast, a Super Bowl party, or a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner, everyone loves a celebration. But for the host, it’s often stressful to plan and execute the meal. How do you know how much to make? How do you time everything so it’s all ready at once? And, most importantly, how do you do all this while still finding the time to visit with your guests?
Now, in Everyone Can Cook for Celebrations, food consultant, chef, and food journalist Eric Akis puts the ease and fun back into hosting with over 140 easy-to-follow recipes and 29 menus designed to take the stress out of preparing delicious meals for special occasions. Broken down by season, Everyone Can Cook for Celebrations consists of varied menus made with ingredients readily available at your local grocery store. Almost all of Eric’s tempting recipes can be partially or totally prepared in advance, making a multi-dish meal easier to pull together. The book also includes many sidebars to help you with things like how to roast a turkey (for beginners) and how to serve sparkling wine.
Celebrate by serving great recipes like:
- Smoky Glazed Barbecued Ham for a Backyard Father’s Day Feast
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Marzipan Jack-o’-Lanterns for Halloween
- Turkey Tourtière with Yams and Cranberries for Christmas Eve Dinner
- Shrimp Cocktail Canapés for a Retro New Year’s Eve Dinner for Six
- Make-Ahead Eggs Benedict for Easter Brunch