Your patio, balcony, rooftop, front stoop, windowsill, or planter box is a potential fresh food garden waiting to happen. In this book, Gayla Trail, the founder of the leading online gardening community You Grow Girl, shows you how to grow your own delicious, affordable, organic edibles virtually anywhere.
Grow Great Grub packs in helpful tips and essential information about…
- Choosing a location and making the most of your soil (even if it’s less than perfect)
- Determining the limitations of space and strategies to overcome them
- Keeping pests and diseases away from your plants—the toxin-free way
- Growing bountiful crops in pots and selecting the best heirloom varieties
- Details on growing hundreds of vegetables, fruits, herbs, and edible flowers
- Canning, storing and preserving instruction to make the most of your garden’s generosity
- Green-friendly, cost-saving growing and building projects that are smart and stylish
- And much more!
Whether you’re looking to eat on a budget or simply to experience the pleasure of picking tonight’s meal from right outside your door, this is the must-have book for small-space gardeners--no backyard required.