Jekka McVicar--whom Jamie Oliver dubbed the “queen of herbs”--has assembled a special collection of her top-50 favorite herbs. Each herb is described in detail, including its Latin and common names as well as:
- Botanical features and varieties
- A history of the herb in cooking
- How to harvest and use the herb
- Non-culinary uses
- The most important and useful varieties of that herb
- Suggestions for using excess harvest.
Jekka’s Herb Cookbook also features 250 original recipes that use her top-50 garden herbs. The recipes include:
- Condiments and sauces.
There are international recipes, such as salsa verde, and familiar favorites, such as caraway seed cake. Extraordinary color illustrations highlight McVicar’s knowledgeable and enthusiastic descriptions. For cooks and herb gardeners, Jekka’s Herb Cookbook is a fascinating guide to using herbs in practical and inspiring recipes.