Cheese making is an art and an absorbing pastime. Geared to the hobbyist, this book will turn anyone into a cheese artist. Most of the equipment you need is already in your kitchen, and with investing more patience than cash, your cheeses will far surpass their commercial counterparts in flavor and freshness.
- Inspiring, colorful photographs of artisan cheeses
- Recipes for gourmet cheeses and everyday favorites, with enticing variations
- Step by step illustrated techniques for fresh cheeses, molded cheeses, and aged cheeses
- “What can go wrong” tips that help you avoid cheese making pitfalls
- Profiles of master cheese makers who share professional tips and advice
- Tips on discovering the best fruits, breads, nuts, wine, and beer to complement every kind of cheese, and how to present, serve, and properly store your cheeses