Yikes, you’re suddenly parents, home alone with your brand-new baby! Where’s your own mother or smart friend --where’s your pediatrician--when you desperately need reassurance and advice? Mayo Clinic Guide to Your Baby’s First Year is a steady, ever-present source of both information and wisdom.
When you’re faced with a perplexing development, reach for this complete Guide by the baby experts at the renowned Mayo Clinic. When you wonder what might happen next, check the “Month-by-Month Growth and Development” pages of this trusted companion. Among the subjects the expansive Guide covers-- in understandable language--are:
- Baby bonding
- Understanding your baby’s temperament
- Managing and enjoying parenthood
- Encouraging good sleep habits
- Comforting a crying baby
- Succeeding with breast-feeding and bottle-feeding
- Introducing solid foods
- Choosing the right diapers
- Tips for bathing and skin care
- Finding the right care provider
- Choosing good childcare
- Common illnesses and concerns
Brought to you in full color--by doctors who are parents, too!