No more bacon and butter!
Atkins has been the name in low-carb eating for decades, and millions have had wonderful success on the plan. And many people who have tried the Atkins Diet thought that they knew everything there is to know about it--until they found The New Atkins for a New You in 2010. A totally revamped way to eat low-carb, the book provided Atkins dieters everywhere with fresher, simplified, and more personalized program, backed by the latest science and inspiring dieter stories. A phenomenal success, the book has been on the New York Times bestseller list for more than a year, and has more than 400,000 copies in print.
To put it simply: Atkins is back!
But the one thing people keep asking for: more Atkins-friendly recipes. And now we can deliver--The New Atkins for a New You picks up where the last book left off. It’s the first Atkins recipe book to reflect the new, modern Atkins program we debuted in 2010. The book features 200 original recipes (never before published online or in other books), and it will have 32 gorgeous, full-color photos of the tastiest recipes, as well as an attractive two-color design throughout.
The recipes are:
- QUICK: all with prep time of 30 minutes or less.
- SIMPLE: most have 8 ingredients or less.
- ACCESSIBLE: all ingredients are easily found at any local grocery store.
- DELICIOUS: you won’t believe low-carb can be this fresh and tasty
Atkins is more than just a diet--it's a healthy lifestyle that focuses on maintenance from Day 1, ensuring that you'll not only take the weight off, you'll keep it off for good. And with The New Atkins for a New You, dieters will have all the ammunition they need to maintain the low-carb lifestyle for years to come!
- Soups and stews--including Hungarian Goulash, Thai Coconut Shrimp Soup, and Tomato Bisque.
- Salads and salad dressings--such as Lemony Slaw with Capers, Curried Quinoa with Snow Peas, and Tabbouleh Salad.
- Pizzas and Sandwiches--like Mozzarella, Kalamata & Tomato Panini or Chicken Teriyaki Burgers
- Appetizers and Snacks--from Baba Ghanoush to Avocado Hummus to Summer Rolls.
- Vegetables and Sides--including 30 low-carb recipes for all your favorite veggies, from spinach to succotash to sweet potatoes!
- Poultry, Meat, and Seafood--more than 50 innovative ways to prepare these Atkins-friendly staples.
- Vegetarian entrees--such as Tomato & Leek Gratin with Goat Cheese and Walnuts, Spinach & Mushroom Quiche, and even Mac 'n' Cheese and Pad Thai!
- Breakfast options--go beyond scrambled eggs with low-carb versions of muffins, pancakes, scones, granola, and smoothies.
- Dessert--more than 35 decadent, delicious, and totally Atkins-friendly treats from Cranberry Fool and Lime Ginger Pound Cake to Blueberry-Peach Cobbler and (yes) FOUR different kinds of Cheese Cake.