Indulge your love of wine and tour the vineyards of North America with this guide to 40 separate wine routes found in four major geographic regions: the Western Region (California, Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia); the Rocky Mountain Region (Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado); the Central Region (Texas, Illinois, Missouri, and Michigan); and the Eastern Region (North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia, Mid-Atlantic and New England states, New York, Ontario, and Nova Scotia). This beautifully photographed compilation will allow you to discover the unique agricultural qualities of each region, learn what kinds of grapes grow there, and understand the intricacies of the local wines. You'll also find:
- Detailed maps of each route with icons indicating vineyard accommodations, including picnic facilities, restaurants, hotels, and family friendly spots Vineyard addresses, phone numbers, and websites
- Lists of additional websites to assist in travel planning
- Pairing tips and snippets on viniculture
- What to expect at a tasting, how to buy direct, and an insider's grasp on wine speak and wine labels
- An index to help readers find information on the regions, labels, and their favorite types of wine
Get set to expand your palate with wines ranging from Quebec's ice cider to New York State's new biodynamic wines. Whether you have an extensive knowledge of the wine world or are experiencing it for the first time, you'll enjoy this robust flavoring of the tours North America has to offer.