Who says a pie must be perfect to be a perfectly delicious pie? Not Pat Willard, who got her first introduction to pie baking at the BarTen Restaurant in Ravenna, Ohio, where baking great pies was no big deal. Now the waitress-turned-writer shares her recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert pies, stories and reflections on the great American pie tradition, and comprehensive, step-by-step instructions to take the fear out of making crust.
Pie Every Day includes:
- Breakfast pies--from Rustic Fruit Tart to Potato and Egg Pie
- Quickie pies--from Bittersweet Lemon Tart to Apple Crisp
- Pies for kids--from Banana Bundles to Individual Mud Pies
- Fancy little pies for hors d'oeuvres--from Tartlets to Empanadas
- Hefty main dish pies--from Hearty Beef to Supper Bowl Pork
- Knock-'em-dead, labor-of-love pies--from Tiramisu Pie to Flaming Peach Pie