Piece of Cake!: (Spiral) by Saulsbury, Camilla V
- $130.00 $99.95
- Free Shipping Offer
Known as wacky cake, war cake, Depression cake, Joe cake, dump cake or crazy cake, the delicious premise behind them is all the same: it’s a cake that can be mixed, baked and served from the same bowl. It’s as much, if not more, about what isn’t required as what is:
- No need for multiple bowls
- No need to cream the fat (e.g. butter, shortening or oil) with the sugar
- No need to separate the eggs
- No need to alternately add ingredients while simultaneously mixing
- No need to use cake flour or other fancy flour
- No need to sift flour
- No need for a heavy-duty stand mixer.
But what about taste? Pure bliss! Comforting and old-fashioned but surprisingly modern and elegant too. The added bonus is that there is virtually no clean-up. Recipes include:
- Sticky toffee pudding cake
- Brandied Christmas cake
- Chai spice with honey frosting
- Boozy bourbon bundt
- Whole wheat carrot bundt
- Chocolate ganache stout layer cake
- Lavender-lemon pound cake.
In addition to the cakes, there are over 75 icing, glaze, syrup and sauce recipes. Piece of Cake! also features a cook-friendly lay-flat wiro binding and is full color throughout.
These cakes can be prepared in almost the same time as it takes to make a cake from a mix, but the results couldn’t be more deliciously different.