You may ask – “What's important when searching for that complex, clean, crisp, fully infused, flavorful cup of coffee?" Certainly coffee bean quality, grind and formula play an important role, as does fresh water quality, but ultimately, it’s the brewing method that plays the all-important final role! We suggest these are the key elements when searching for a coffeemaker: Brewing Temperature, Saturation Time, Cleanability, Reliability, Longevity, Warranty, Recyclable and Sustainable.
The Technivorm 10-c. Moccamaster KBT-741 Coffee Maker is a simple, yet precise and elegant drip coffee brewer. Experience a “Golden Cup” quality cup of coffee with Technivorm Moccamaster's consistent brewing temperature, 196 – 205 degrees F, stable from start to finish. Consistent temperature is critical to preserving the flavors and aromas of coffee, and this machine does just that, preserving the entire spectrum of flavors in every cup, and brewing a full pot in only 5-6 minutes.
Water is heated via a powerful and energy-efficient copper heating element, and then passed through a 9-hole spray arm, wetting the grounds evenly prior to extraction. Brewing quickly and quietly, this coffee brewer has a precise and optimal pulse drip method that allows for the perfect coffee bloom, an ideal coffee-water saturation time (4-6 minutes), and an automatic shut-off when the brew process is complete. The stainless steel thermal carafe keeps the coffee fresh and hot, and includes a brew-through lid and a closed-top travel lid. A helpful indicator light shows when the carafe is in correct position to start the brew cycle.
The Technivorm Moccamaster was designed for simplicity, with only 2 switches. The illuminated on/off switch and the drip-stop brew-basket switch. Controlling the amount of water moving through the grounds, the filter basket switch has 3 positions: the top position is for preparing 6-10 cups, the middle is for brewing 2-5 cups, and the bottom is to pause the brewing before it is completed. The drip-stop function can be used to pour for a quick cup of coffee before the brewing cycle ends, however this is not recommended since it will affect the final pot of coffee.
Technivorm Moccamaster is backed by a 5-year warranty and is manufactured with the highest quality parts available today, and of course, where plastic is used, it's BPA free! This should be the last coffee brewer you'll ever buy, one that should last your lifetime, when cleaned and descaled properly. Both the spray arm and brew basket are fully removable, making this coffee maker simple to clean, so that parts do not build up residue that alters the taste of brewed coffee.
Coffee - It’s the first thing we look forward to in the morning, why not make it the best it can be. Technivorm’s inventor Gerard C. Smit says “Life is too short for bad coffee!” Enjoy your journey, one perfect cup at a time with the Technivorm Moccamaster coffee brewer!
- Hand-made and individually tested in the heart of the Netherlands
- Certified by the SCAE, SCAA, SCAE
- Brews up to 10-cups (European standard, 40-oz.) in just 5-6 minutes
- Copper boiling element controls brewing temperature between 196 - 205 degrees F
- Adjustable drip-stop brew-basket switch for partial carafe brew option
- Brew pulse action creates the perfect coffee bloom during extraction
- Element auto-off after brewing
- Stainless steel thermal carafe with both a travel lid and a brew-through lid
- Precise saturation time (4 to 6 minutes)
- 9-hole spray arm wets grounds evenly
- Quiet brew process
- All plastic parts are BPA free
- 42-ounce water reservoir size; water level is easy to read
- Body housing is of high-quality durable aluminum
- 5-year limited warranty
- Clean exterior with a moist cloth, Interior we recommend descaling with Dezcal by Urnex, quarterly or as necessary, CleanCaf by Urnex to remove coffee oils. Thermal carafe: can also be cleaned with electric dishwasher detergent (or CleanCaf by Urnex). Never submerge!