We love this ceramic cooktop for the significant benefits it offers over other types of cooktops. An induction coil generates an electromagnetic field that heats the cookware instead of the cooktop, so your meal prep area stays cool. Since the heat is concentrated, this portable induction cooktop is up to 36 percent more efficient than using a gas stove for meal preparation. It accommodates cast iron, enamel cast iron and some types of stainless steel cookware, and it is suitable for use with any type of cookware with the purchase of an induction disc. This Nesco Portable Induction Cooktop comes with a handy magnet, so you can test cookware for ferrous metal to be sure it's compatible before use.
- Cooktop remains cool to the touch
- Five power settings makes instant temperature adjustments
- Smooth ceramic glass easily wipes clean
- Works with cast iron, enamel cast iron and many types of stainless steel cookware
- Ceramic cooktop offers 1500 watts of heating power