Cooking under pressure results in better-tasting dishes because every drop of flavor is trapped in the sealed pot. This fact, combined with the shorter cooking time, means that your dishes will be supercharged with flavor. And cooking under pressure is versatile. While they're ideal for roasts and stews, pressure cookers can also turn out perfectly tender beans, grains, and legumes in short order.
If ever there was a cooking method that could benefit from the obsessive trial and error that our test kitchen is known for, this is it. When cooking time is compressed, every minute matters, and when flavors are amplified, even a small change becomes significant. We ran hundreds of tests in fifteen pressure cookers to find out what works and what doesn't, and we deliver the foolproof, guaranteed-successful recipes in Pressure Cooker Perfection. With this foolproof guide to cooking under pressure, every home cook will be guaranteed success.
- 100 foolproof recipes guaranteed to please, and to work every time
- Full color photos accompany recipes so you can see how they should really look
- Pressure Cooker 101 familiarizes you with the appliance and how it works with a simple-to-understand diagram
- Shopping Guide and Key Traits based on our testing of a dozen best-selling models
- Well-tested charts for cooking everyday staples like grains, meats, and vegetables
- Recipe shorthand includes yield, total cooking time, time under pressure, and pressure release method
- A 'Why this Recipe Works' feature highlights discoveries made our way to the final recipe
- Keys to Success and Test Kitchen Tips reveal important steps in photos and text
- Troubleshooting Tips provide answers to questions about substitutions, adapting recipes to an electric pressure cooker, knowing when food is done, and more.