Complete your kitchen cutlery collection with the Shun Classic 6-in. Utility Knife. This small blade on this style of knife makes it popular for precision tasks, such as trimming broccoli or slicing cheese, and in-hand tasks, such as peeling fruit or removing eyes from potatoes. A high-carbon stainless-steel cutting edge gives this Shun utility knife an Asian-style acute angle and exceptional edge retention, and more than 30 layers of stainless steel Damascus cladding protects the cutting core. Artisans polish the sides of the blade to reveal the gorgeous striations characteristic of Shun Classic knives, which are actually the different finishes of the multiple metal layers. Forging creates a bolster that adds balance and protects fingers as you work, and a metal endpiece also lends to its balance while giving you more control. The handle on this 6-inch utility knife is made of PakkaWood ®, a resin-infused hardwood that won't absorb moisture and is extremely durable. The handle is D-shaped, so it fits easily and comfortably in your hand.
- High-carbon stainless steel cutting core provides exceptional edge retention
- Shun utility knife features Asian-style, super-acute blade angle
- 16 layers of protective Damascus stainless steel cladding on each side
- Bolster offers safety and balance
- D-shaped PakkaWood handle is comfortable, durable and hygienic
- Shun knife comes with limited lifetime warranty
- Handcrafted in Japan