A utility knife is between a chef’s knife and a paring knife, but its blade is narrower and straighter. This makes it perfect for a multitude of small tasks where more precise cuts are needed, such as trimming broccoli, green beans, or other smaller vegetables. Some cooks like to use it in their hand, too—almost like a large paring knife. Others like its smaller size as an alternative to the chef’s knife. Utility knives are sometimes called sandwich knives because they work well on almost everything that goes into a sandwich—from thin-skinned vegetables such as tomatoes, to meats and cheeses.
Features and Benefits:
- VG10 is clad with one layer of stainless steel on each side to create the san mai edge and provide stain resistance
- Mirror-polished Japanese 420J blade upper
- 16 degree cutting angle each side, flat ground
- Traditional handle design in easy-care textured TPE/PP blend
- Exceptional handcrafted Shun quality, amazing price
- Hand wash & dry immediately