You'll never run out of uses for the handcrafted Shun Sora 6-in. Utility Knife. We love the versatility of this Sora knife--it's just the right size for slicing tomatoes, meat and cheese for your favorite sandwich, trimming broccoli for a healthy side dish or prepping potatoes for a flavorful mash. Several types of metal come together, thanks to Shun's proprietary Composite Blade technology, to create the optimal cutting tool. The lower portion of the blade on this Shun utility knife has a very hard composite cutting edge surrounded by resilient stainless steel for protection, and it's braze-welded to the top portion, which is made of mirror-polished 420J stainless steel for exceptional durability and rust resistance. You'll find a distinctive wave pattern where the two materials meet that replicates the style found in ancient Japanese swords. This Shun utility knife's double-bevel edge features the characteristic 16-degree blade angles to ensure a razor-sharp blade that can power through tough tasks. The traditionally-shaped heavy-duty polymer handle is textured for a comfortable grip to give you the control you need when slicing, dicing and chopping. Handcrafted in Japan, all Shun knives are protected by a lifetime warranty.
- Sora knives feature a VG10 alloy core and stainless steel blade for optimal sharpness
- Mirror-polished stainless steel for long-term, rust-resistant beauty
- Pieces securely braze-welded together in a distinctive wave pattern
- 6-inch utility knife has 16-degree cutting angle for optimal sharpness
- Traditionally-shaped TPE/PP handle with easy-grip texture
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Lifetime warranty