This is the place to start your Shun Sora collection. The Sora 8-in. Chef's Knife has less curve than a Western chef's knife, which means it contacts the cutting board along more of its length, so more food is cut per slice. The Sora has a gentle roll off the tip compared to the large roll of a Western style knife, so the Sora needs to be lifted less, making cutting more efficient.
Features and Benefits:
- VG10 is clad with one layer of stainless steel on each side to create the san mai edge and provide stain resistance
- Mirror-polished Japanese 420J blade upper
- 16 degree cutting angle each side, flat ground
- Traditional handle design in easy-care textured TPE/PP blend
- Exceptional handcrafted Shun quality, amazing price
- Hand wash & dry immediately